4.21.2013

Dear People!


Dear People,
So, I'm not sure quite what to say. This week was pretty uneventful, except for the fact that Sister Munson and I had to give talks in church. It was nice to finally meet the ward, even if they are going to make us play the piano at some point...

Two things that really stuck out to me this week were these:
First, after sacrament meeting we stopped and talked to a woman and an engaged couple, both who are in wheelchairs. After talking with them for a little bit, the man turned to me and said, slowly," I know that Heavenly Father and the Lord have miracles waiting for you." It really struck me and made me smile, because getting the work started in this area has been slow. I have been praying and hoping for miracles, but when this man spoke, what he said was a calming affirmation to my prayers.
Secondly, I flipped open my scriptures in gospel principles and immediately read in 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." It was reassuring to read because this past week I felt like I had more fear than faith in approaching people. But what I learned from this scripture is that God has given me the spirit of power, love, and of a sound mind to go out and preach his gospel.
So that's pretty much my week. The area up here is gorgeous; there's a lot of Pennsylvania Dutch farms, rolling hills, and old barns. And of course, we have Rita's water ice.
I love all of you, and I hope you have a great week! Keep me updated, okay?
Love,
Sister Singleton

No comments: