10.27.2013

Ron the Baptist.

Wingapo,
So before all of you ask, yes, it's turning to fall time. The leaves are changing, the weather has been crisp and cool, and I can wear cardigans all the time. Cardigans!

This week we still worked on smoothing out our whole apartment situation. We think we've finally got everything settled, and we're hopefully going to find out today when we're going to move. But other than that, we just worked on stopping by less active members in the ward and trying to finally get everything organized.
By far the most interesting thing that happened this week was on Saturday night. Sister McNeil and I stopped by the 90's Walmart (it seriously feels like you're in the 90's.... don't ask me why) and on our way out, Sister McNeil stopped to look at a Furby beanie. I turned and noticed a guy that was leaning over to read my name tag. Once he saw it he just nodded his head and said, "that's what I thought." He obviously knew about the Church, so we started talking to him. Turns out he is a baptist pastor.
We talked to him for a long time. About an hour, actually. He told us that he was concerned about our salvation, and that he wanted to help us see the truth. I was touched that he cared enough to stop and talk to us for an hour. And no, we couldn't answer all of his questions, but I never said I could.

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty" (1 Corinthians 1:27).

"That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers"(Doctrine & Covenants 1:23).
The fulness of gospel is preached by the weak and the simple. God doesn't need skilled men and women to go out and nitpick the Bible. He sends out 18-year-old boys and 19-year-old (or in my case, 22-year-old) women to testify of the Gospel. As we talked to this man, I had absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Book of Mormon is true. I had no doubt that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in in fact the Lord's Church. And I have no doubt that all of it is true.
Everyone will get a chance to hear the fulness of the gospel. God loves each of His children, and He wants all of us to return to him. He said it it Moses 1:39:

"For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."
I testify of this boldly in the name of Jesus Christ.
Love,
Sister Singleton

No comments: