7.27.2015

I'm Going to Hogwarts!

Yesterday morning I woke up to a "happy birthday!" from my husband. Then he said, "Did you hear me get up this morning?" My just-awakened brain tried to recall if I had woken up in the night to Dustin getting up at all. 
Dustin: "So I woke up at like 6:30 am to this tapping noise. It freaked me out at first, but then I figured out what it was."
Me: "What was it?"
Dustin: "An owl!"
Me: "An... owl?? For reals?"
Dustin: "Yeah! It was tapping on our bedroom window and had something in its beak. Look!" He proceeded to hand me a letter wrapped in twine. 


Oh ho! What is this?
They know where I sleep?!


What's this? A Hogwarts seal??

Hmm, there are some letters inside.

I GOT ACCEPTED INTO HOGWARTS??!??!!?!

... AND IT'S SIGNED BY McGONAGALL??!

But wait... there's another letter. It's a personal letter from the Albus Dumbledore explaining why I didn't get my acceptance letter years and years ago. Those Weasley twins...

 I'm pretty sure it's written in magical purple ink.

BUT WAIT!
My... my... my ticket to Platform 9 3/4!!!


Dustin keeps telling me that we really need to find an owlery to respond by July 31st. I totally agree-- we've already worked out some details of how to go about being at Hogwarts as a 24-year-old married woman (Dustin's solution: youth potion).

Happy birthday to me!

Ah yisssss I'm going to Hogwarts!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This. is. amazing.

Jessica Grosland said...

You two are pretty good advertising for this whole marriage thing.