7.17.2009

INCUBUS.

I love Incubus.
Mucho.
They are my favorite band, and I just love 'em so much.

In fact, the title of my blog, "Monuments and Melodies," is inspired by the song and album from Incubus.

So last night I went to the Incubus concert, and it was pretty much amazing. Ah, the most attractive Brandon Boyd was once again.... most attractive.

We started off almost in the very front (there were 4 girls in front of us, but that's it), but then these jerks basically punched their way through everyone and shoved us out of the way to get to the front. Seriously? They punched their way through girls... wow, how awesome. For the first 45 minutes, I had to fight constantly to just stay standing. Shoving... elbowing... pushing... weed. Yes, weed. The guy right next to me blew a cloud of pot smoke right into my face and I almost threw up, it was so disgusting. Eventually Tess, Liz, and I got pushed about 7 feet back from where we started, and it was so much more calm because people weren't brawling to get to the front. It was so much better near the back, mainly because I could stop and take pictures of the delicious Brandon Boyd.
As we were heading home, we blasted their Light Grenades album, rolled down all the windows and belted "Oil and Water" as loud as we could. It was fabulous.

Since it was their Monuments & Melodies tour, they played a lot of their old stuff. These are the songs I remember them playing:

Privilege
Stellar
Dig

Anna-Molly

Megalo
maniac
Sick Sad Little World

Talk Shows on Mute

Quicksand
A Kiss to Send Us Off

Love Hurts

Drive

Oil and Water

Wish You Were Here

Warnin
g
Pardon Me

Nice to Know You
Punch Drunk
A Certain Shade of Green

Let's Go Crazy

There might've been more, but I can't quite remember all of them.
Incubus. Incubus. Incubus.
ah,
drool.
Brandon Boyd <3.
{the below pictures are mine}

(Ben Kenney on bass)


No comments: