3.08.2010

A Peaceful Passing

The main theme of my blog is about the Monuments and Melodies in my life. It's about both the big and the small things that change my life and shape my character; hopefully for the better.
The most recent Monument in my life was the passing of my Grandma Singleton. She has been the only Grandma I've ever known in my lifetime, because my Grandma Polsinelli died before I was even born.

My Grandma's passing was the closest death that I have experienced as of now, and even though I don't have a Grandma on the earth at the present moment, I will definitely see her later on. Her passing was a relief to everyone in my family- especially my Grandpa and his children. My Grandma was sick for over 20 years, suffering from diabetes, infections, broken hips and shoulders, and plenty of other maladies. To see her go peacefully in her sleep was to see her finally be released from her painful earthly life.

Although the occasion was not the happiest of get-togethers, it was amazing to see my Dad's entire family, including my Uncle Ron and his family who flew out from Maryland, family friends, and even my Grandpa Polsinelli who flew out from New York to go to the funeral. The amount of love and peace that filled the air was incredibly overwhelming. I'm glad I got to be with family members I haven't seen in a long time, and I'm glad we all got to share memories of our Mother, Wife, Grandma, and Great-Grandma, Rosalee Singleton.

















































This is my uncle
Ron, who is in fact my Dad's twin. He's the one who flew out from Maryland with his family.












This is my Grandpa Polsinelli and his lovely head of Italian, white hair. He was good friends with my Grandma Singleton.












This is my cousin, Britton.












This is Parker! I haven't seen him in months, and I didn't recognize him at first. He's still such a happy, chubby baby, and now he has two older sisters. Oh how I love him.
















This picture is dedicated to my Grandmother, Rosalee Singleton, because her favorite color was deep, rose-red.

Rosalee Singleton
April 16, 1942- February 26, 2010


I love you, Grandma!

2 comments:

Arlene said...

What a sweet tribute. Grandmas are one of our greatest treasures. Give yourself a big hug for me. Love you!

Mary said...

This is awesome...one error that matters...in the first paragraph it says grandpa polsinelli died but its actually grandma! anyways love the pictures and everything!