2.24.2011

Happee Birthdae

Did anyone else notice a pause in the blogosphere the past week or two? The only updates I had in my feed were from the Haymondator and the Sartorialist. Which is great (mostly because of Arlene), but I noticed that last week no one really had anything to say. 
Well at least it's picked up again.
I'll join in.


The other day we celebrated two birthdays. One for my roommate Sara, and the other for my most favorite actor, Alan Rickman.
But mostly for Sara.


I made these lovely cake pops (and cake balls as seen below) for the party. I made them with yellow cake and cream cheese frosting, and they ended up tasting like cake batter ice cream, but not actually ice cream. Either way, they're fabulously addicting.
A sad cake. I used store-bought frosting and mixed it with fresh strawberries. By doing that, it became a little, uh, goopy and it was frustratingly comical to frost. That's why it looks just sad. But at least it has a star-shaped strawberry "flower" with a blue leaf, right?

This looks like crème brûlée again, but it's actually crème caramel. Once again, Nick made them and sent us into dessert heaven.

Happy 20th, Crawford, and I hope you don't get a sugar overload from all the leftover cake pops...


P.S. Does anyone else have Spring Break from the 5th to the 13th? Because I have nothing to do. And we should hang out.

6 comments:

taraya said...

I have spring break forever.
Bored. So bored.



Help me.

Arlene said...

Ha! Thanks? :) I usually blog more often when Carl is in another country.

Your food looks delicious. I vote that you marry Nick and bring him to my house to make desserts.

Taylor said...

Ok, those look DELICIOUS! Everything. I'm pretty sure I would get obese living with you. :)

If you really need out my roommies and I are planning a trip out to goblin valley on wed of spring break! If you want to text me! (ASAP is preferable--planning this thing is no bueno)

Jessica Grosland said...

Curse you people and your extra vacation time! BYU believes in God, but not in Spring Break apparently.

Anonymous said...

Those do look fantastic. :D I salute the cake puffs. They are utterly awesome and do look like ice cream. I'd like to do something, but I don't get a spring break. D:

SaraJean said...

I feel like this comment is late, but whatever. deal with it. I look like I'm about to sneeze in that picture with my cake--which was HEAVENLY! Thanks Singlytin! Also, I showed my family your fantastic gift and being as nerdy as I am they were all overjoyed.