2.09.2011

ONE.ZERO.ZERO?!

I have some good news for all of you.
No, I'm not engaged, and no I didn't win the Idaho lottery.
I have reached the blogger's equivalent of an 16th birthday, which is...
100 posts.

Yay!
I felt that a celebration was in order, so naturally, I ran up and down my balcony, shouting the joyous news to all and blowing bubbles. My Australian neighbor Keith felt that since it was such a special day, his apartment and my apartment should have a pot luck dinner. So we spent hours slaving in the kitchen cooking pasta, pork, Cajun chicken, asparagus and prosciutto wraps, inarizushi, tacos, mozzarella sticks, and even crème brûlée. I made a shmancy jello and a most delicious pumpkin cake with caramel cider sauce. 


Everyone came to celebrate, even a grown-up Dr. Seuss character.
Crawford was cheering for me.
Nick and I have the same waterproof camera. This makes him cool.
But this is his face when I told him that I am awesome and posted 100 posts.


We all got our own crème brûlée in a lovely little dish, all provided by Nick.

This is my scrumptious pumpkin cake. It's... so... yummy.
We gathered and laughed and played.
We pigged out.
We even told jokes.

And it was a jolly good time.


Okay, so this is ridiculous. The truth is, this is my 100th blog post, and yes we had a potluck, but they weren't related. I just tried to make myself sound important *sob*

But our potluck yesterday was fantastic. The idea actually did originate from Keith (who I call Boris sometimes), and it turned out really well. Nick's pork and crème brûlée were possibly the most delicious things I've ever had. Keith's pasta was also super delicious. So was Neal's Cajun chicken. Heck, everything there was fabulous. Even my jello.

So, if you want to have a lovely time with your neighbors, just organize a potluck and go nuts. If you want to make it even better (like we did), call it an international potluck and you'll get awesome stuff to chow down on.

As for the 100th blog post deal, I would write a list of 100 reasons why you should love me, but I can't actually think of 100 reasons why you should love me. Instead, I will take you on a short journey through my past posts.
You people seemed to like these ones:

Also, these are some of my personal favorites:


If you haven't followed my blog from the beginning, I would suggest looking at some of those links. Mostly because I assume that if you're wasting time reading this, then you can waste even more time reading other posts.

Yes.

Also, I genuinely thank everyone who actually reads what I have to say. Without you, I would keep writing but I wouldn't receive any acknowledgement, and that would drive me crazy.
So really, thanks. 

2 comments:

Jessica Grosland said...

I bet the party really was for you. They were inspired in the middle of the night to arrange it before they even knew about your Blogday. It would happen. Because you're just that awesome.

Happy 100th!

Arlene said...

LOL! I was getting all bummed that I didn't even celebrate my 1000th post on my blog... STINKER!

Would you share your recipe? That looks/sounds amazing! I'm all about pumpkin and still have a lot that I hoarded in case there was another shortage. Oh, I mean, it's in my food storage.