3.07.2012

did i get your attention?

Boys! 
Engagement! 
Weddings! 

Did I get your attention?

Now that you're all with me, I'm going to ask a question:

What unconventional bands/songs do you want to play at your wedding (reception)?
As for myself, I'm super determined to have:

  • Michael Jackson-- Thriller or Beat It
  • Lady Gaga -- anything, really. But Bad Romance, Telephone or Judas (...Jenna) would be optimal.
  • Silversun Pickups -- any and all of their songs.
  • Rush -- anything. Hopefully something ridiculously over-the-top.
  • Flogging Molly -- If I Ever Leave This World Alive, Rebels of the Sacred Heart, Death Valley Queen, Devil's Dance Floor, What's Left of The Flag, Drunken Lullabies... basically all of them. Because who doesn't love Irish Rock?
  • Dropkick Murphys -- I'm Shipping Up To Boston
  • LMFAO -- Party Rock Anthem. My sister played this at her wedding, and I shall as well.
  • Phir Milenge Chalte Chalte, from Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
  • Dard-E-Disco, from Om Shanti Om
There are probably more that I can't remember. 


Now... TELL ME YOURS OR I'LL GET ALL DRAMATIC.

I will decide whether it's unconventional or not (Journey, Bon Jovi, and Queen songs don't count as unusual).

The funniest answer I've heard was Jenna's "The Mars Volta."

PS, Jenna, you should add Nicki Minaj and Shaggy to your list.

6 comments:

KaitlynMarie said...

I have never thought about what music I want at my wedding, but I'm thinking of just playing 90s music the whole night. Only because I know it's your favorite!

Sarah Jane said...

Nooooooooo!
I repeat: Noooooooooooooooo!

Haha thanks for the pity comments.

Christopher said...

ummm unconventional... thats not i missy... practical and romantic is teh way to be... maybe maybe....if i feel like being brave, Shakira!!! EEEP she is lovely me wife might not agree

Sarah Jane said...

Shakira?! Good choice. You should play either Waka Waka or Hips Don't Lie, Chris.

Christopher said...

Absolutley waka waka... or... whenever wherever.. hmm? hmm? or the new Calvin haris, I feel so close... ?

Christopher said...

YES YES waka waka it is!