3.28.2013

Baptism!

Get ready for the email of your lives...

1. So remember how I haven't thrown up in like nine or ten years? Yeah, that streak has ended. 
2. It's snowing today. 
3. (Most excitingly) Meagan got baptized yesterday!

So, starting with the most exciting, Meagan got baptized! We've been working with her since I got here, and it's been so great to see the change in her life. She's really let the Gospel change her life and the Spirit has worked so much in her. She's so awesome!  She's really mature for her age (she's 17, she graduated from high school early, and she's had a full-time job in Philly for over a year), and she's been able to really change her life around. The baptism went really well (and the water was warm this time!), and her and Shawn (he got baptized last month) are super good friends. Also, one of the priests in the ward, Alex, had the opportunity to baptize her. 

Last week was the first day of spring, which meant free Rita's (water ice)! It's a big deal out here. Sadly, it is snowing a lot outside so... welcome spring?

Something I forgot to mention last time: a couple weeks ago we were looking through old teaching records and one woman, Adrian, really stuck out to me. We were planning one night and since we were going to be in that area of Willingboro, we put her name on a list of people to stop by. After a lesson we could only stop by one person, and Sister Meeks felt like we should stop by her. We knocked on the door and someone asked, "who is it?" "The missionaries!" Immediately the door opened, and Adrian's response was, "Every time I say a prayer, you brothers or sisters show up." It turns out she had just finished praying for help no less than two minutes ago and we knocked on her door. We were able to talk with her for a little bit and say a prayer with her, and we'll be seeing her this week. It really is amazing to truly be an instrument in the hands of the Lord. Miracle!

Last night we were knocking in an area before going to a dinner appointment. As we were walking away from the last house, heading to our car, a woman saw us and shouted, "Hi!" I admit I looked around because that doesn't happen too often here in Jersey. She told us she was late to dinner with her boyfriend, whose house we just happened to be leaving, but that we were more important. She said she was looking for a church and that she really wanted to find some more women to befriend and be part of a women's group. WHOA, Relief Society much?! We were able to set a return appointment for her and I'm super excited!

And if you're wondering, on Thursday night I didn't feel too swell. I was talking to Elder Ellsworth, our district leader, on the phone and handed it off to Sister Meeks. Then I ran and threw up. And after a little bit I decided to get the taste out of my mouth, so I drank some cider and ate pretzels. As soon as I finished the cider I was like, "Umm... I don't think the cider was a good idea..." and puked into the garbage can. So we stayed up until I felt a little better and she read Alma 26 to me. I woke up at 2:00 to go to the bathroom and as soon as I stood up I went and threw up. So I just sat there until I threw up again at 2:30, in which Sister Meeks came in to see if I was okay. Sister Meeks keeps saying that I don't have the stomach for a mission, haha. But no worries, I'm all good.

So yeah, it's been a crazy week. Full of upchucks (okay, I couldn't resist) and downs. I love all of you so much, and I hope to hear your miracles!

Love,
Sister Singleton

No comments: