5.20.2013

Mother's Day!



Well, I'm not quite sure how to write this letter, considering I Skyped some of you yesterday, so just deal with it if it's repetetive, haha.
So, big news to those of you who don't already know, but I am staying in Whitehall and training. EEP!?!! There are 13 new sisters coming in this week, and all of the "experienced" sisters are training. (They're calling me "experienced," can you believe it?) I'm excited to train, but nervous at the same time. I feel like I barely know anything, but I know that if I rely on the Lord it will all be okay. The other day I was reading my scriptures and came across this:
"...and whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he" (Proverbs 16:20)
I'm pretty sure that's going to be my motto this transfer. Along with one of my favorites:
"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." (Alma 26:12)
I'm really excited to stay in the Whitehall ward for at least three more months. The members are so excited about missionaries and missionary work, and it's been such a help to have them and another set of missionaries in the ward. Not to mention, the members are super cool. For example, there's a couple who are both from Brazil but one lived in PA and the other in Florida and they met on LDSsingles. We were able to stop by their home the other day, and I saw Sting (Frodo's sword from Lord of the Rings) hanging up on the wall so I commented on it. Turns out, it was one of the actual swords from the movie because they have a friend who works at New Line Cinema. Then he told us he has Aragorn's sword, too. Needless to say, I was super thrilled. But I promise I really do love the ward.
On Saturday we went to the wedding of Val and Jeff. They are both in wheelchairs, and the wedding was beautiful! When they rolled her in, she started crying because she was so happy. And when Bishop Smith was talking about the need to "not be just good lovers, but best friends," Jeff said, "Val-- you are my best friend in the whole wide world." Of course everyone melted when he said it. (Yes, this is Sister Singleton telling this story and not someone else. Weird, right?)
Yesterday (as we all know) was Mother's Day! We were at the church from 1:00-7:00 because of a mother's day dinner put on by the priesthood in the ward and a baptism after that. The baptism was of a family: Colin, Carla, and Don Michael, who Elder Pond and Elder Tolbert have been teaching. They are super amazing, and the Spirit was so strong when each one of them were baptized. The best part about being a missionary is being able to see people change and grow closert to Christ. The love that we feel to those whom we serve is just a portion of what Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ feel, and even that portion is overwhelming.
So just imagine how much they truly love each of us. It's impossible to fully comprehend!
Last, and defnitely not least, but I got to talk to ma familia yesterday. Still crazy as ever. But I love you all so much, and I'm glad to have seen you! Thanks for all of your support and prayers, and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
Keep on keepin' on (I had to say it), and remember to expect miracles in your life. Thanks for your letters and emails, and just remember:
Everybody can email me.
*cough cough*
Love,
Sister Singleton


us at our Zone Unity softball game last week. Whoo!

Okay, I just had to send this picture to show you what kind of Zone Leaders I have. Haha.

Val and Jeff!

We like to goof around sometimes...

and finally... the best magnet ever!






No comments: