5.20.2013

I'm a mommy!


Okay, so don't let the subject line freak you out too much. On missions, you have a "family." If you're a sister, your trainer is your mom. And since I'm a trainer... I have a daughter! Haha.
Transfer meeting was on Tuesday, but since pretty much all the sisters are training,  most of us went on Wednesday to pick up our goldens (new missionaries). Unfortunately, Sister Libby Jensen (from Springville) was there on Tuesday, so I did not get to see her YET AGAIN.
But anyway, as we were driving down to Broomall on Wednesday, we were stuck behind a huge semi spitting out rocks. We couldn't speed up because there was a truck in front of us, so as I started slowing down, we heard a loud THUMP! and lo and behold, a rock chip appeared. I said to Sister Munson, "Oh that's not hard to fix." A couple minutes later, we heard a faint creaking/zipping(?) noise and saw a big old crack appear in the windshield. We're getting our windshield replaced tomorrow.
Back to the main part of the story: Wednesday was so fun. Because almost all the sisters were there, we just had a blast catching up with one another. I even got to see Sister Meeks and my "sisters" (Sister Meeks is training two sisters). After we ate, we lined up and they announced who the goldens were going with. I was so nervous! They had me step forward and say who I was and where I was at, and then they announced: Sister Hall! She's from Pleasant Grove, plays the violin (she actually brought hers, so I shall just stare at it in jealousy), and her least favorite color is orange. She also hates running. And we're going to have so much fun!
I'm actually super lucky that I'm not opening up an area again, because most of the sisters are. But guess what??! There's now TWO areas in Philly for sisters. TWO! OH MY GOODNESS!!! Have I ever mentioned how bad I want to serve in Philly??? (I'm sure mom isn't quite as thrilled.) One's in Center City Philly and the other is ... somewhere else. So crazy!
Although I feel terribly inadequate to train, I know that who the Lord calls, He qualifies. He trusts that I am able to train, so I will have to trust that He trusts me. If that makes any sense. But I am still so new to this missionary thing, and it's crazy to think that I am now a trainer and have the responsibility of teaching someone how to do missionary work. But I know that miracles do happen, because I've seen so many, and as long as we are diligent and have faith, we will see so many miracles in Whitehall.
One cool moment this week was that we stopped by Mona! Mona is a super awesome Greek woman who we found sitting on her back porch a couple weeks ago. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she said she would read it. When we stopped by, she hadn't read any because English was her second language and she had a harder time with it. When we were in Broomall, I picked up a Greek copy of the Book of Mormon, and Sister Hall and I dropped by to give it to her. When she saw it, she was shocked that we had a copy in Greek. She immediately opened it and read the description of the Book. She asked about what we thought about after death, so we had her read Alma 40 right then. It was so cool!
I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and I love that book so much! It's amazing how much it's shaped my life and provided a solid foundation on which to build my testimony. I testify that it is inspired of God, and I know that it was written for our day. So everybody, if you aren't reading your Book of Mormon daily: do it. If you haven't read it: do it.
I love you guys!
Sister Singleton

 Frisbee golf last week.

SISTERS! The Pennsylvania Philadelphia mission just got a whole lot cooler.

A generational photo. My "momma," Sister Meeks; my "daughter," Sister Hall; and my "sisters," Sister Adam and... I don't know the other one's name.

Sister Munson and I.

My district last week, which has since changed.
Left to right: Elder Pond, Elder Tolbert, Elder Hidalgo (he's from Chile!), Elder Bloomfield, Sister Muson, and I.

Sister Munson and I and our creepy light art...



No comments: