2.03.2014

The Bethlehem Trio!

Well,

I am no longer in Medford. It was really hard to leave, especially since it is such an awesome place with amazing people. But what's crazy is that transfers were supposed to be Wednesday morning, but we got hit with a crazy snowstorm Tuesday day. The weather got progressively worse, and by the end of the night President decided to move transfers to Wednesday at noon. Well, on Wednesday morning we got a call saying that transfers were on Thursday instead. So I pretty much spent most of the week in Medford anyway, haha. 

At transfers I was so nervous to see where I would go next. It's always really nerve-wracking at transfers for me. Then it was announced: "Joining Sisters Wilson and Wiehl in Bethlehem is.... Sister Singleton!" I was really surprised, because I haven't been in a trio so far on my mission. And it was funny because like two days before at the Mass's we were talking about trios, haha. 

What's really crazy is that Bethlehem (pronounced "Beth-lum") is right next to Whitehall, PA (for those of you who don't remember, I spent about six months in Whitehall last year). In fact, they meet in the same building. When I got transferred to Medford, I thought it was bizarre because it was right next to Moorestown (where I started my mission). Now I'm right next to Whitehall. THIS IS REALLY BIZARRE. 

Let me just say that even though I've only been in a trio for a couple days, it has been a BLAST. Sister Wilson and Sister Wiehl are loving, laid back but hard-working, and we all get along swimmingly. From day one I felt so much love from them, and I am super excited for this transfer! What's really crazy is that we've all been out about a year (give or take a couple months) and we're in a trio. That does not happen very often. But I am so excited! There's a lot of work that needs to be done in this area, so I'm happy to be a part of it!

We're teaching Katherine right now, who is an older woman who is amazing. We have to teach her short snippets of the lessons (as to not overwhelm her with stuff), but she's been catching on to things quicker and quicker, and she's set to be baptized in a couple weeks. It's amazing to see how much the Spirit can help someone, because the Sisters told me that at first she had a really hard time understanding the lessons, but now she's teaching herself! What a miracle! I'm excited for her.

Well, since I kinda came in at an awkward point in the week, I can't really think of much to add. Oh! Funny story: Sister Wilson and Sister Wiehl didn't tell the District Leader that they were getting a third sisters. The Assistants called the Sisters after transfers calls to let them know they needed to be in Broomall to pick up their new companion (that's me!). So we showed up to district meeting and our District Leader, Elder Wirthlin, didn't believe that I was actually transferred there, haha.

Love!
Sister Singleton

Snow!

 Not the best picture, but it's the Bethlehem trio!

This girl served in the Rochester, NY mission.
She knows Tairsa Brown! I came across her randomly in Philly.

The exact center of Philly!

Last week in Philly.

Last days in Medford.

Bethlehem, PA

Trio! 

Bethlehem, PA
Last days in Medford.



No comments: