6.10.2015

One Year's Time

I got home from my mission one year ago from June 10th. It's absolutely ridiculous how fast times slips by and how much changes.  

The beginning of my mission:


The middle:


The end:


And some of the good stuff in between:

Unless you've been, you don't understand.
My mom, sister, and grandpa came and picked me up. We traveled around the East Coast a bit:


Then I came home and was released. The first thing I did was stay in my room (alone, for that matter) and went through all my clothes. I threw nearly all my clothes away (minus all my best graphic tees). I tried getting my old job back, but they were overstaffed and couldn't take me. It took me about five weeks, but I ended up getting a job at Chrysalis which has been probably one of the greatest things to happen to me.
I didn't go back to school. I got depression, but I had a coworker and friend, Cadence, who was a great support and a big help.


My friends were just as great-- nay, even better than when I left. Even all my friends who I didn't get to hang out with a lot absolutely helped with all my challenges. I could never have asked for better friends ever.

Then on Halloween I went up to Logan. I met a certain bearded man while I was dressed like this:


We started dating. I quickly formed plans to move back to Logan. The end of the year rolled around and I was out of my parents' house.

I started working in the day program at Chrysalis in Logan. I legally can't show you any photos of how awesome my clients are and how much fun we have, but trust me: I love it. 

Dustin and I got engaged on Valentine's day...


... and got married soon afterwards.


Now here I am! A year later from coming home from my mission. I know it's not the biggest event ever, but it's sure humbling to think of all the changes that have happened over the course of a year. At times I hated where my life was going, but hindsight is much clearer. I am definitely okay with where things have taken me.

Of course I think about my mission a lot, but new chapters are always something I look forward to. Serving a mission helped me learn principles for all aspects of life, and I've definitely seen them apply directly to life, especially at work. I do miss Jersey and PA a lot. Except for the hot humid days.

I still can't believe it's been a year.

1 comment:

The Happy Baker said...

A very eventful year at that! You are so inspiring.