4.27.2010

FHE Spring Social

Monday was the last FHE for my ward up at school, so we had a kickin' Spring Social.

Brother Roundy's property is quite large and beautiful. In the winter, we went snowmobiling and sledding, and for our Spring Social, we drove out to his pond and pavilion and had a lovely BBQ complete with a waterslide and paint fight.


Even if the water was a little cold and the weather was a bit windy, it was still loads of fun!


It's been suggested to me that this picture could be the Loch Ness monster of Brother Roundy's pond...


I'm not exactly sure how Brother Roundy constructed this excellent waterslide, but it was in fact, well... excellent. There was a pipe that pumped water up the hill and down the slide, and there were tubes and pillows in trash bags to slide down on.






Paint fight when freezing cold?
Yes, you are still cold. You just taste acrylic paint along with it.







My roommate Megan, me, and my neighbor Neal.







The best part? We inherited a ton of hot dog buns (99 buns, to be precise) that were leftover from the BBQ, so now we get to feed the ducks until they're so full of bread that they'll explode.


I'm really going to miss my FHE family, they really are loving, exciting, and just awesome.

No comments: