6.14.2010

Art City Days: Arts in the Park

After going to the Children's Parade, about half of my family and I headed over to the Art Museum for the Crafts at the Museum, or Arts in the Park. I don't really know what it's called, I just call it what I feel like.

There were dozens of booths with small, mostly easy crafts for kids to do. The easiest one I actually did was called "String Art," and it was taking a piece of pre-folded paper and putting a string covered in paint on the inside, folding the paper in half and pulling the string out. How amazing! Most of them ended up looking like some sort of Rorschach test, so... uh, way to go future psychologist children?

There was another one where you painted glue on your paper and they'd cover it in sand so it would become amazing sand art. I did an "Art City Days 2010" card, but my dad never gave it back to me. Another booth was "Rose Window Art," which was actually pretty nifty. You flattened a coffee filter, folded it in half three times and cut out patterns like you would for a snowflake. You then unfolded it, colored it with markers and glued it on to a piece of black paper. You sprayed it with water so the colors would mix, and voila! Rose window art.


My little sister decided to get a... frightening face paint job. Doesn't she look positively unsettling?

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Julia is such a creeper. I have been telling everyone about this picture since I saw it.