6.19.2010

Hello, My Name is Sarah

(Zoom in for awesome-face close-ups. Also, I'd advise looking at the man in the front row wearing the plaid.)
First of all, apologies to those who posted comment recently (I believe Kelsey and Grosland), but when I clicked the "publish" button, they did not in fact publish. So, you can either leave your comments again, or just leave my posts barren.

This weekend I had a family reunion for the Hilton/Cropper side of the family. It was a relatively simple family reunion down south in Hinckley- we ate, listened to stories, looked through old pictures 0f my great-great-great grandpa when he was in WWI.




"Everyone look up at the moon!"







"I look like Thelma." Yes, yes you do.



































Warning: you will NOT be able to get out of this slide.









I thought it was a swing so I rand for my spot first. Turns out it was a metal bar.








And the prestigiou
s beautiful-after-riding-the-merry-go-round-for-twenty-minutes award goes to... MARY!





My Aunt Alicia is just... weird.






Okay, enough of the joke pictures. We actually did do things, like checking out the famous abandoned Hinckley house, going to the fort (I have no idea what it's called) made out of adobe, and then going to the Great Stone Face, which is a rock that looks like Joseph Smith's profile. Most of us were hiking in crummy shoes, namely me and my Aunt Alicia. She wore thick flop flops, I wore flats that ended up breaking.



Outside the fort. Let's play a game called "Name the Picture That's Out-Of-Place." What's your guess?








On the front porch of the abandoned house. Inside there was a stuffed bird, chairs, and an old camera. Out back there was an abandoned car and a stove.

Also, I am in need of all three Lord of the Rings Extended Editions. If you have them, let me know ASAP.
I mean it. ASAHPWKIK (as soon as humanly possible without killing innocent kittens).
Because I really need to watch them again by Wednesday.


5 comments:

Arlene said...

I love seeing you and your sistahs! I miss you girls!

taraya said...

you are so funny. why are you pointing at your tag in every picture? hahah.
ps i have the 2nd and 3rd LOTR extended not the first though for some reason.
ps2 your fireworks pictures are way cool! nicely done, nicely nicely. Saraji.

Sarah Jane said...

Taraji, I am pointing at my name tag simply to let everyone know that my name is in fact "Sarah."

Thanks for saying my firework pictures are cool as well.

Tairsa said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I am rolling! Those pictures are hilarious!

Liz said...

i love the picture of mary on the merry-go-round. its hilarious!