10.25.2010

Apology Note.

Dear Roommates,

I'm sorry for humming "Bad Romance" every morning and getting it stuck in your heads for the rest of the day.
Also, I'm sorry roommates, neighbors, and mostly myself, for setting Melanie's phone alarm to the loudest, most annoying telephone ring possible in hopes of her not sleeping through class anymore. I'm sorry it went off every morning at 6:00 am and repeated itself for an hour and woke everyone up except Melanie. I truly am sorry.

Love,
Sarah



Poll results for the week of 10/12:

Favorite Session of Conference?
  • Saturday Morning------------- 1 (25%)
  • Saturday Afternoon----------- 0
  • Priesthood-------------------- 0
  • Sunday Morning-------------- 2 (50%)
  • Sunday Afternoon------------- 1 (25%)
  • Relief Society Broadcast------- 0

Okay, okay, it was kind of a cop-out poll. But for all 4 of you who participated, thanks. And I'm thanking myself here...
I haven't listened to all the talks, but I thoroughly enjoyed President Uchtdorf's talk. Not only is he funny, but he's German (which makes him super cool). The one that touched me the most was actually Jeffrey R. Holland's talk. He said, "In whatever country you live, however young or inadequate you feel, or however aged or limited you see yourself as being, I testify you are individually loved of God, you are central to the meaning of His work, and you are cherished and prayed for by the presiding officers of His Church. The personal value, the sacred splendor of every one of you, is the very reason there is a plan for salvation and exaltation. Contrary to the parlance of the day, this is about you." I absolutely loved it. So... you should go read/listen/watch their talks and all the other talks here.


And a *slight* contrast from the poll above...

Lady Gaga vs Katy Perry (All aspects- music, videos, fashion, politics, etc)

Lady Gaga ------------ 4 (57%)
Katy Perry------------------- 0
Both--------------------1 (14%)
Neither-----------------2 (28%)
Say Who?---------------------0

Excellent, excellent. I'm glad that people at least know who these two women are, especially Lady Gaga. It's hard to avoid her in the media, considering her involvement to get rid of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, plus her crazy fashion choices. Oh yeah, and her music.

I would definitely vote Lady Gaga, all the way. Not only is she listed as #7 on Forbes "Most Powerful Women" list, she has some pretty excellent songs. They're not exactly deep, soulful songs, but she has complete creative control of every aspect of her career. She writes her own lyrics and music, choreographs her own music videos, and designs her outfits. I am not going to suggest her music videos because they are a bit risqué. I do enjoy them, however.

Katy Perry, on the other hand, is more of a pin-up type girl who loves dressing in tight latex and girly things. Other people write her songs and choreograph her videos, so to me she's not as creative. She may not push the boundaries like Lady Gaga does, but she definitely lacks in personal creativity.

My Favorite Lady Gaga songs:
  • Bad Romance
  • Telephone
  • Alejandro (I used to hate this one)
  • Starstruck

4 comments:

Arlene said...

That's funny about the phone alarm.

I was too late for your poll. Sorry.

Sarah Jane said...

Oh that's just fine, Haymondator.
I can't even think of a poll for this week, so I guess we're both just... lazy? (that word sounds so mean sometimes)

Kelsey said...

apology not accepted. Poll for this week: Cats, 100 Cats, 100000000 Cats, or Cancer?

taraya said...

Ahhh.. I am so glad there is someone else who can understand Melanie's unimagineable comatose state in the morning, and how unfathomable it is that her deafening alarms can wake up the whole building, except for her. And this is the girl you're trusting to usher you to safety during fire alarms! (How on earth can she sleep through those??? And yet.. she can. She can.)
Also... i have to admit that I went with "neither" on the singer poll. Blah. Blahblah. Creepy scary people with annoying lyrics. Lady GaGa is creative however, I'll give you that. And I didn't know she did all that stuff herself, I guess I'll have to give her a few more points in my estimation. Just a few, mind you.