1.31.2011

Ice Cubes

"So what is the etiquette on returning ice... cubes? Do you just use all the ice cubes and give back an empty tray? Or do you fill and freeze the entire tray before you give it back to them? Or do you just fill the tray and give it to them full of water? Or do you leave a few ice cubes and say 'Hey, I used three cubes but I left you five, in case of an emergency?'"


Ah, questions of real importance from my roommate, Sara.
(We're not talking about this Ice Cube)


"Do you think Indians get offended when you say 'Holy Cow?'" ~ Me
"I DON'T KNOW, DO YOU THINK BUDDHISTS GET OFFENDED WHEN YOU SAY 'GOOD GANDHI?!'" ~Sara


Oh, good times on Sundays.

Especially this:
This happens when I try to replicate Hasting's Frozen Cocoa and our blender has a bladder problem. 
On the bright side, the frozen cocoa ended up being really good. 




Today is a weird day. I have so much to do by tomorrow that thinking about it makes my head explode. I also had an O Chem test today, and even though I didn't really understand much of it, I feel like I somehow faked my way through it quite well. So... go me? 
I have Zumba soon, and I'm ready to shake my flab to the beat of Latin/hip hop music. I really do love that class.


I have enough bread and milk to feed a room of Kelsey Barkers. 


I have enough Dr. Peppers to make a soda bomb. 


I also have enough cat paraphernalia to make people sick. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'd prefer to fill the tray with something odd to thank them. Like pizza sauce or chocolate milk. Those cubes are the best kind.

Arlene said...

Growing up, if we did not refill the ice cube tray it was big trouble and I still feel the same way.

I hate working with people who don't fill it. They are SELFISH!

Thanks for letting me rant. I erased most of it, so you don't even know. :p

Genevieve said...

buy a bag of ice and give it back with the empty tray...Idk...this is coming from the girl who's neighbors gave her a nice cake, all frosted and delicious, and she gave the neighbors cake pan back with a cake mix inside, still unopened, because she was too lazy to bake the darn thing! Just go with your gut!

Sarah Jane said...

Funny enough, Beth, we thought about freezing our leftover iced cocoa into cubes for them.

And Arlene... I probably shouldn't tell you that we just gave back a partially full tray then.

Gen- I snorted at that comment. I wouldn't even give my neighbor a cake mix, I'd give them the pan and say thanks.

SaraJean said...

I always feel special when I get a mention on your blog Singlytin... *Insert cheezy--verging on creepy--smile here*