3.18.2011

Blogden (aka Spring Break)

 There's going to be a fair few pictures...


Spring Break 2011. Where did I go? Ogden. 
Yes, Ogden.
I'd never been there before, and we promised Jenna we'd go there sometime. So it just made sense to go for Spring Break, right?
Since there's a lot of pictures, I'll just let them do the talking.


Proof I've been to Ogden.




First stop: the Dinosaur Museum in Ogden.
Cool brick wall at the dinosaur museum.



















































This would be the second time Jenna fell.


Behold, I am God of the volcanoes!

Triceratops. Get it?
Tri-Sara(h)-tops!
It makes so much sense. There's three of us. And we all are
called Sara(h). Don't you... oh nevermind.


Tara: "What are you, it's dentist?"
Just defending my cat family, you know.


Me and Rattlesnake Jake just thinking about life.

Jenna being awkward around Ducky.



Sara modeling with the dinosaurs.
I got a smile shot of Jenna! She avoided my camera the
whole time.




We saw Jenna in the background creeping around.


Uh, Jenna "wrestling" the turtle.


More modeling. I just like the cross-process colors in this
edit.



Tara and I.

Me and Taraji.

Surprise, Crawford!

Jenna has this tacky trucker hat that I just love. I can't
explain how awesomely terrible it it. Plus, she got it
for only a dollar.


















































(Click to enlarge)
The most dangerous creatures in the world.


























































After the dinosaur park, we went to Color Me Mine for a few hours until we all went mad from hunger. Tara was giggling uncontrollably from lack of food and I hurriedly finished the top of my teapot. I will post pictures of my creation as soon as I get it back.

After that, we went to Roosters for dinner. First of all, they brew their own house Root Beer, which is super sweet (literally) and so delicious. While most of us ate our salads faster than usual, Tara and Jenna ate our croutons because they were just so hungry. I then got grilled chicken that was so much more than grilled chicken. It had a side of asparagus and mashed potatoes, and it was super super yummy. Everyone's food looked fabulous, and that's something coming from me. Go to Roosters, it's divine.


We ran out of Roosters and rushed over to Farr's ice cream because it was going to close in 15 minutes. If you ever go to Farr's in Ogden, definitely get the huckleberry ice cream. It's super good, and it's hard to find other places.


We then went to Jenna's house and watched Free Willy, because Jenna is the world's biggest Free Willy freak and I'd never seen it before. I know, I know! But I've seen Free Willy 2, which has to count for something, right?


In the morning, Jenna made us pancakes and eggs, and then we were on our way back home. I was completely exhausted and passed out on my bed for a few hours. I even slept through my favorite Disney movie, Sword in the Stone. I was TIRED.


Our one day Spring Break trip to Ogden was most excellent. Hopefully next time I go to Ogden, I can go to Union Station and more! Mwahaha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so... what happened with the paying thing?

you have some funk-ay spacing going on in this post. I'm sure it's to represent the way our awesome trip felt like it must have been longer because it was way too much coolness to fit in just one day. Right?

I want to watch the sword in the stone now. Haven't seen it for years. Years!!

I like this. I like this all.

Sarah Jane said...

Tara! I ended up paying $5 to put more pictures on. LAME.
But what pictures are super weird? Because on my computer they look fine, but they were being weird when I was moving them around. Let me know what pictures are funky.

Anonymous said...

hmm... now everything is normal. before when i looked there were rather enormous gaps between pictures. however, it seems that you were right about my insanity. how disappointing to learn that i'm off my rocker so soon in life. Ah, well. i'll just dress in clashing bright colors and swear at random strangers for walking in front of my house.

Sarah Jane said...

Ah Taraya, I think you checked it when I was still formatting it. Sometimes I have to post my blog then go back and edit it multiple times.

Your comment made me laugh. "I'll just dress in clashing bright colors and swear at random strangers for walking in front of my house."