2.06.2013

Miracles!


This past week was a week of miracles! We went to teach one of our investigators, Shawn, about the Word of Wisdom, which we had only briefly mentioned beforehand. Before we even started the lesson, he said, "Guess what? I've decided to stop drinking!" We barely even said anything in the lesson, he completely taught himself the Word of Wisdom by the Spirit, and he was already committed to living it before we got there. It was incredible!

On Friday, the Zone Leaders visited our area for an evening to help us out. We got so much done that night, it was crazy. We were both so pumped and energized, and we decided to wait off on dinner because we had other stuff to do. We decided to stop by Sister Toussaint's house and shared a message with her. But this is where the miracles started taking off-- as we were talking, Zoran, a friend of Sister Toussaint who lives there, brought us dinner (and ice cream, and fruit). We taked with Zoran, who we've met before, and he wanted to learn more, so we're going back to teach him this week! We were also able to share the message of the Restoration with Sister Toussaint's friend, Marie, and set up an appointment to teach her more. But that's not all, while we were talking, Sister Meeks answered a phone call from a former investigator who was looking for Elder Bezas. She told him that Elder Bezas was in Broomall, but that we could meet with him and answer questions, so we found yet another person to bring the gospel to! It was an incredible night full of miracles.

One of the best things that happened all week was last night. We got a text from our investigator, Meagan, saying that she was reading the Book of Mormon and couldn't put it down. She also told us that she could definitely feel the Spirit while reading, and Sister Meeks and I pretty much squealed with (reverent) delight. 

So many miracles!

As far as everything else goes... today we're going to PHILLY!!! Whoo! And yes, I'm going to eat a cheesesteak. Everyone who writes me asks if I've had a cheesesteak yet (which I have), but today it will be super legit. Also, we're planning on seeing the Liberty Bell. And yes, this means that I won't be writing any letters today, sorry.

But I love all of you so much, and I'm grateful for all your support.

Love,
Sister Singleton

Shout out to Kelsey Barker, whose address I do not have *hint hint*. Also, when I'm at the Liberty Bell, I'll be singing "K-Kelsey B-Barker..."

Back at the MTC, this is Elder Millsap and I. He's going to Sweden.


Our Mission Flag

I am super tired because... yeah. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you Sarah keep up your work

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you Sarah keep up your work