8.07.2013

Staying in Whitehall!

A new transfer, you say??
 
So the best news first: I am staying in Whitehall! Yay! Sister Hall is leaving, which is sad, but I'm excited for her and her new area. And I am indeed training again. My legacy shall continue...
 
The craziest thing about transfers though is that half of our district is leaving. Everyone thought I was going to be the only one leaving, but I proved them wrong, haha. It was shocking because Elder Taylor and Elder Pintor are only halfway done with training, but they're both leaving. Crazy!
 
The highlight of this past week was definitely Zone Training. We talked a lot about reverence. Being reverent doesn't mean being quiet and solemn, it means respect. We can have fun, laugh, and be cheery, but we need to still be reverent by keeping in mind the sacredness of the gospel and our calling (especially missionaries). We have fun, but we don't take light of the gospel or of the cherished truths we have.
 
I was reading in 1 Nephi this morning, and as I was reading I kept noticing the word "command/commandments." In chapter 3 it says it 12 times, in chapter 4 it says it nine times, and six times in chapter 5. That's 27 times in just three chapters. And then it occurred to me why Nephi is so blessed throughout his life-- because he was obedient and willing to follow the commandments of God. It's simple: obedience brings blessings.
 
"... Surely the Lord hath commanded us to do this thing; and shall we not be diligent in keeping the commandments of the Lord?" (1 Nephi 4:34)
 
So that's my lesson for the week. Be obedient, be diligent, and you'll see blessings in your life.
"Obedience brings blessings; exact obedience brings miracles.” (Not sure the source, but missionaries say this a lot.)
 
I can't think of any crazy stories from this week. Uhh... we went to a Single Adults' BBQ yesterday, and Sister LaRose had made some... interesting... vegan brownies in an attempt to get rid of some barley flour. So everyone who would reach for a brownie I would just stare at and say, "Go ahead... try the brownies...."  The best reaction was Shera's in which he just glared back and refused to eat them.
 
Anyway, until next week!
Love you!
 
Expect miracles,
 
Sister Singleton

No comments: