8.13.2013

Three Companions in one week

I'm pretty sure this week was like three weeks compacted into one. Mainly because I technically had three companions throughout the week.
Since Sister Hall was leaving on Tuesday, we had a last-week scramble to play duets for as many people as possible, so that was kind of crazy. But she left Tuesday morning to go down to Broomall, and it was hard to see her go. Sister Argueta and Sister Lewis came down from Scranton, and since Sister Lewis and Sister Hall weren't training, they went down to Broomall together. Which meant Sister Argueta and I were companions for a day and a half!
And that day and a half was SUPER fun. Sister Argueta and I came out with each other, and we went on exchanges when we both served in New Jersey. I would love to be her companion! But it was fun to work with her. We even had enough time at night to play a game of Battleship, in which I didn't fully explain the rules to her so it was just hilarious at the end.
Me: "Where are your ships?!? Wait... how many ships do you have on the board?"
Sister Argueta: "Two. Why?"
Me: "Oh... that explains it. You're supposed to have five."
So we drove down to Broomall to pick up our goldens, and I was suprised to see my momma-- Sister Meeks-- in the parking lot. I pretty much just jumped out of a rolling vehicle (just kidding, I was totally driving and had to stop) to run and give her a hug. I miss her so much! But it was good to see her and talk with her, because it's been a while!
My new companion is Sister Maybury, from Syracuse, Utah. She's actually 25, so I got the opposite of a newbie 19-yr-old. It feels kind of weird training her, considering I am three years younger, but I'm really excited. She likes talking and is really good at relating to people, so it will be fun.
One awesome miracle is that Sister Cressman came to church again! And what's awesome is that she really wanted to come and didn't have a problem talking to people. She even brought her son, who met some new friends in primary. It was so neat to see her come out of her shell, especially since we love her so much and have seen so much growth in her! Amazing!
Last night we were out knocking for almost two hours. The first person we talked to told us that he was the president of the Home Owners' Association and that we weren't allowed to solicit. I kindly responded that it's only soliciting if you're selling something. He was taken aback but still told us to go away. So we just went over to the other side of the complex, haha. It took over an hour to talk to anyone who actually wanted to listen, but then it was awesome! We talked to a woman for almost half an hour, and she was amazing. She even invited us back without us even asking. Miracle! 
Sometimes it takes a while for something good to start happening. But if we're diligent and showing Heavenly Father that we're trying,then He'll give us miracles and blessings.
"I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." (Ether 12:6)
Love all of you!
Sister Sarah Singleton

 Sister Hall and I at bowling last week.

Sister Argueta and I at Rita's.

Sister Meeks and I.

Sister Maybury, Me, Sister Meeks, and my two of my "sisters"


It rained again.



No comments: