11.04.2013

Oh, the Week!

Bonjour,

This week was a crazy, ridiculous whirlwind of a week. How about I start from the top?

Monday: We found out Monday that transfers were actually Tuesday and Wednesday, not just Wednesday. I spent (what feels like) my whole Prep day calling members for a ride to Broomall, to no avail. But hey, at least I was able to get a long sleeve shirt, right?

Tuesday: We were able to hitch a ride to Broomall with the Moorestown Sisters. I knew that I was going to be companions with Sister Adams and Sister Bennett for a day before I picked up my golden on Wednesday. The Moorestown Sisters were leaving in a trio and (presumably) coming back with only two, so it was going to work just fine. Right? Nope.

So at transfers the Mo-town Sisters were shocked when they picked up a third, Sister Maughn. So I then had to rush and scramble to find someone to give us a ride back. We were able to hitch a ride back with the Vineland Elders, and it was kinda neat because both Sister Adams and I were back in Moorestown (Sister Adams was also trained by Sister Meeks!) So we were back in our "birth place."

Right after we got back, Brother Reeve, Sister Mass, and Logan Mass were all waiting for us at our apartments to help move our beds and the rest of everything out. So poor Sisters Bennett and Adams had to help me move, clean, and organize.

Fun story: We knew we had to leave at 7:00 am Wednesday to go to Broomall, so two of us were going to shower Wednesday night. Well, we had never used the shower before, and Sister Adams couldn't get the water to get hot. So I volunteered to just shower in the cold water. It was the coldest thing I've experience on my mission. But right as I was about to shut the frigid water off, I DISCOVERED THAT BY TURNING THE FAUCET THE OTHER WAY, IT GAVE HOT WATER. *Face palm*

Wednesday: Transfer meeting! I got my new golden, Sister Wright! SHE'S NOT FROM UTAH! Haha, I keep telling everyone that she's my first companion not from Utah, which is a big deal. She's awesome though-- she's 19 and totally prepared to go on a mission. I'm pretty sure she's just retraining me.
We were able to go to the Trunk or Treat at the Church later that night. I was so stoked, because I was worried that we wouldn't be able to make it. We cut out a poster to model the Philadelphia temple and handed out candy taped to temple cards. It was really fun because there were a lot of less actives and lots of people who came. Also, a little kid accidentally pulled the fire alarm so we got an extra treat of a visit from the fire department. Hooray!

Thursday: We stopped by a Headquarter referral that was way out in Shamong (a long ways away). We actually had the miles to stop by him, so we did. He is a Baptist Reverend, but he knew that the Mormons gave out free Bibles, so he wanted one to give to his friend. We talked to him a little bit and he said he was always curious to learn more about us. It was really neat, because the timing was an absolute miracle. We would've never had the miles otherwise, and he pulled up right as we were about to leave.
Then.... we cleaned and finally moved out of our apartment.

The rest of the week: Pretty nice. 'Nuff said.
I am so grateful to be here in Medford. I am so excited to be with Sister Wright, and I look forward to more miracles. The ward here is so fantastic, and I am extremely grateful to be a missionary at this time. As I've been reading Doctrine & Covenants, I've noticed something that appear more than once:

"1 A great and marvelous work is about to come forth unto the children of men.
3 Behold, the field is white already to harvest;therefore, whoso desireth to reap, let him thrust in his sickle with his might, and reap while the day lasts, that he may treasure up for his soul everlasting salvation in the kingdom of God.
4 Yea, whosoever will thrust in his sickle and reap, the same is called of God."
(D&C 6:1,3-4)
This great and marvelous work is the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ. We have a responsibility to share the gospel with everyone around us, and as we do so, we will inherit Eternal Life. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,
Sister Singleton

Sister Adams was also trained by Sister Meeks, and this was both of our
first areas.

Trunk or Treat

An artsy display.

Be jealous-- it's fall!


No comments: