11.18.2013

The Best Darn Day of My Whole Entire Mission

Okay.

So before I begin, I would like to say something in regards to the subject line: I have had so many amazing days on my mission. TONS. I don't want to make it seem like any of the miracles, baptisms, stories, or awesome people I've met don't live up to this. Sunday was just.... awesome.

Let's back up a little bit: Earlier this week we saw a less active woman who is just super sweet and is looking for a church for her kids. It was neat meeting with her, because we got the feeling that in the past the missionaries have always focused on her husband, who is not a member. But as we talked to her, we realized that she needed a lot of help building a testimony. So now we get to focus on her-- hooray!

Friday was a fantastic day as well. We went up to the Mt. Holly/Eastampton area earlier in the day to stop by a headquarter referral, visit a woman in the ward, and to go to our appointment with Brother Laws. As we stopped by the referral, we were able to talk to the mom of the referral and pray with her. It was a really great timing and a wonderful experience! Then we went to Sister White's house for lunch and met her daughter. This was the first time meeting with either of them, so it was pretty awesome.

Since we had trouble finding a Sister to go with us to see Brother Laws, we had to call them up and talk to his wife (who isn't a member). We explained to her that if she wasn't there, we wouldn't be able to go because we didn't have another woman who'd be able to come. Now, Brother Laws' wife is really nice, but she's usually in and out while we're there. But it actually worked out, because she stayed for the whole lesson! Miracle!

We were going to head to the library afterwards, but then we realized it was closed. We weren't sure what to do, and I had the prompting to go visit Lumberton.  I flipped open to the Lumberton section of people in our binder and one particular family in the ward stuck out to me. When we stopped by, we found out that a friend of theirs was going through a really rough time and this family wanted to share things with them that would help. So we went through scriptures and talks with them to share with their friend, and they told us we were an answer to their prayers, which was so humbling. We were truly being led by the Spirit.

Now it comes to Sunday.

Let me give you a little background on the Mass's.
 They are the most awesome family. Brother Mass joined the church first (if you ask him his conversion story it will take three hours to tell, haha), followed by his two daughters, Autumn, then Kyra, and then Sister Mass. Their son Logan has been away for the past 15 months and recently returned home. Autumn & Kyra aren't super active in the church right now, but they're the most awesome family ever.
So...
Sister Wright spoke in church on Sunday. As I was sitting in the pews with Sister Divece, I looked over and saw the Brother Mass, Sister Mass, and Logan sitting down. A few minutes later Kyra walked in followed by... guess who? Autumn! I was so excited to see their ENTIRE FAMILY AT CHURCH. OH MY GOSH.
There were also a lot of other less active members at church, including Sister White, who isn't able to make it because of some health problems. But she made it and stayed the whole time! There was even a man in the ward who was working on getting a yard sale going who told us that he wanted to donate all the proceeds to the Pennsylvania Philadelphia Mission!

But the best part is this:

After sacrament meeting and before class, Brother Mass waved us over to the front to where he and Logan were standing. Jokingly, Sister Wright said, "Yeah, what do you want?"
Brother Mass: "I don't want anything..."
We looked at Logan.
Brother Mass: "Hold on, press the rewind button."
Logan: "Well... how would I go about getting the missionary lessons?"
We were both stunned. I'm pretty sure my brain exploded as I sat there trying to figure out how to respond. The only thing I could get out in my excitement was, "Well, we could start teaching you this week!"   

OH MY GOSH. IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING MOMENT OF MY MISSION!!


We've been praying and fasting for someone to teach, and everyone was hoping that Logan would be the one (his family and us included), and now he is! It was a humbling, amazing, truly extraordinary moment on my mission! I was so excited that I could barely focus the rest of the day.

I know that the Lord prepares people everywhere to hear the Restored Gospel. What a wonderful work we can be a part of, and what a wonderful job I have to share the Gospel! I love it so very much, and I know that it is what truly makes me happy.

Share the Gospel. Be happy.

Love,
Sister Singleton

No comments: