3.23.2014

I Just Want the Cat to Love Me

So, you know how you sit there and try to remember what you did earlier in the week? Or even earlier in the day? Well, yeah... that's me right now.
Earlier in the week we were able to help an investigator family out with some service. Their house caught on fire and they had to move out, so we helped them go through their stuff. The opportunity was humbling, because they really did need help, and I was grateful to know that the Church stepped in immediately and was more than willing to help.
This week we went on exchanges and Sister Shaia came to Bethlehem with Sister Wiehl and I. We had a blast! We watched President Monson's talk, "Obedience Brings Blessings" with Ashley, who was baptized before I got to the area. Then we went out to dinner with Sister Bartholomew, who took us to a buffet that I actually liked (shocker, right?). Then we went to see Kelly, who is awesome! Also, she has a kitten that repeatedly attacks my hands and arms. The cat doesn't like me, apparently, because it will go to everyone else but me. However, I keep trying to pet the darn thing, because I JUST WANT IT TO LOVE ME!
So anyway, Kelly is amazing. When we first mentioned the Word of Wisdom last week, she immediately poured her coffee down the drain. So when we taught her, she was super excited to follow it. When I committed her to live the Word of Wisdom, she just looked at me and said sternly, "What did you ask me?" I was a little thrown off, so I said again, "Will you live the Word of Wisdom?" She then responded, "Well duh!" I got a kick out of it.
Sunday was a fantastic day! Katherine was confirmed, and she was beaming ear-to-ear to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Kelly also came to church with her son, and she LOVED IT. She even called us afterward to tell us that she had a wonderful experience. Then we were able to teach an investigator after church and it was a really powerful lesson on the Book of Mormon and the Spirit. What a powerful book! And what a wonderful book! It provides so much direction, comfort, and spiritual growth.
I want to switch gears a little bit:

"1 And he gave me, Jacob, a commandment that I should write upon these plates a few of the things which I considered to be most precious;  ...
"
4 And if there were preaching which was sacred, or revelation which was great, or prophesying, that I should engraven the heads of them upon these plates, and touch upon them as much as it were possible, for Christ’s sake, and for the sake of our people.
" (Jacob 1:1,4)
One thing we've committed a couple of our investigators to do is to write on one piece of paper what they would tell their family/future posterity. So I want to commit you all to do the same. Jacob didn't have that much room to write his record, so he included things that were the most important. I want you to think about that when you do this.
Love you!
Sister Singleton
                                        The closest thing to a mountain I've seen in over a year.
                                             Psshaw.  They don't have mountains out here.

                                                         Lehighton/ Bethlehem/ Nazareth West 
February 2014

All of us with Sister Shaia

All of us with Sister Earl

I've been feeding the squirrels to try and get pictures of them!

No comments: