3.23.2014

Leaving the Inn

One word: Transfers.
Two words: I'm leaving.

Friday night we got transfer calls and we did a big group call with our district. Everyone knew Sister Wilson was out of Bethlehem because she's been here for four transfers (roughly six months). But when Elder Wirthlin said, "Sister Singleton... is leaving," I didn't believe him. I've only been here for one transfer! Six weeks! That's not long enough! But it was enough for the Lord, so I'm okay with it. I may or may not have been melodramatic about it though, because Kelly is supposed to be baptized soon and I'm going to miss it. 

This week was a roller coaster week. We had a lesson on Wednesday that took a turn for the worse, and it surprised us all. When we left, we sat in the car, devastated that everything had been ruined. But as we prayed, we felt that everything was going to be okay. We got a call from the investigator two days later apologizing and asking us to come back that night. So we did, and it was an amazing lesson. The difference between the two lessons was so stark, but I'm grateful that the Spirit was able to comfort her fears and doubts. 

It reminded me of a talk that President Uchtdorf gave in which he talked about how his mother lost her kids on a train in WWII. She was frantic, but she did not let her fears overcome her. President Uchtdorf says of his mother: "I know with certainty: her faith overcame her fear, and her hope overcame her despair." 
(President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Infinite Power of Hope," Oct. 2008 General Conference.)

"Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith."
(President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Come, Join With Us," Oct. 2013 General Conference.)

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
(Isaiah 41:10)

I could list many scriptures, but the thing I want you to understand is that faith and fear cannot exist at the same time. I've learned from experience that with whatever you're going through, as long as you have faith and turn to the Lord, it will all be okay.


On a different note, this past transfer has been a blast. I'm trying to think of any fun stories from this week, but my mind is drawing a blank. It's because we're having too much fun! 

Well, I love yous.

Love,
Sister Singleton

This is Sister Bittner. She is awesome. She loves comic books, the Avengers, and squirrels. She has a butter dish with a squirrel on top!


Every time I drive by this, I yell "Bear in a scarf!"


The Relitz's took us out to a Japanese lunch, and it was delicious!

Mochi ice cream. It's like a rice dough... filled with ice cream. I liked it a lot!

No comments: