7.06.2014

I'm Back.

Hello.

Do people use blogs still, or is everyone on that blasted Instagram?

This is my first post since I've gotten home from my mission. It's been nearly a month since I got home and over a month since I left the mission field. (If you were unaware, I traveled with my mom, grandpa, and sister throughout Pennsylvania, Jersey, upstate NY, and even Boston.)

A lot of people have asked how I've been adjusting back to non-missionary life. My response? "It's easier than I thought it would be." I attribute the ease of adjusting back to the fact that I was stateside and speaking English for the past 18 months. Of course there are certain aspects I didn't jump into right off the bat, for instance, I only watched maybe two 20-minute episodes of t.v. the first week I was back.

I thought I was going to come back to a job, but with my timing and the company being overstaffed, I wasn't able to go back. I did love working there and would've loved to have gone back, but I totally understand. I have been looking for jobs, but I have this internal guilt of getting a job because school starts at the end of August.

Oh yeah, I'm going back up to USU in the fall. I love school.

The money issue could be discussed/panicked about for quite some time, but I'm trying to be positive. Let's just say a return missionary/art student is probably the poorest of the bunch.

To add to the poor situation, my mission camera broke the week before I got home and my big camera is on its last leg. So I'm kind of camera-less. Which is odd. But I trust that when I really need a camera the Lord will help me out on that one.

So what have I been up to?
Hanging out, watching movies/tv, applying for jobs, working out, swimming, sleeping...

So, not much.

I've had my share of downs since I've gotten back. I've had days where I don't want to talk to anyone. Days where I've doubted whether I can be a photographer or not. Days when I want a job, and days when I don't. Days when I don't want to go to the temple and days when I do. Days when I really don't want to read my scriptures. Or even pray. It's up and down, but for the most part, things have been great. And I really do mean that. I've just had to stick to the things I learned over the past 18 months (and longer) and to keep going.

So, really, I'm back. And I'm doing great.

Also, I'm sunburned.

4 comments:

taraya said...

Sarah. SARAH. I am so glad you're blogging still. I ever remain your faithful reader. And good luck with school/jobs/feelings of motivation and determination! If you learn the secret to feeling confident about achieving your dreams, let me know. Also write a book about it because you'd get super rich.

Jessica Grosland said...

Yay for blogs! I remain faithfully fond of the form, if only because it allows for a much higher word count. I'm a traditionalist: I think that if you want to discuss something, you're going to need more than 140 characters to do it.

And I've always liked your blog in particular. Though that's probably just because I've always like YOU in particular. :)

Tairsa said...

Keep blogging!!! I love reading your blog. Hang in there girl, coming home is definitely a trip. I'm glad you're back though and hope to see you sometime. Best of luck!!

Genevieve said...

I've missed your wit! :) Hope things are doing well...