9.30.2009

Whenever I hear the song of an Institute Choir...

So I went to this Institute Choir thing tonight to practice singing for our Stake Conference in about a month.
I don't sing, I never have.
But it was just so gorgeous. The spirit was so overwhelming while just practicing it; I wonder what it'll be like when singing it.
Of course the parts are hard, especially the arrangement of the Primary song "My Heavenly Father Loves Me." I can't sing high, and this song gets quite high. The arrangement of "Come, Come Ye Saints" is just gorgeous though. Some parts are really hard, especially when the Altos go from low to high to low... aye. But hopefully I can get it. I really want to, it's just such beautiful music.
This is the arrangement of "Come, Come Ye Saints" that we're singing.


2 comments:

Arlene said...

Good for you! I loved hearing you sing in YW. :)

I heard on the news that your sweet school is the 14th? safest university in the US!! I will sleep better now.

Sarah Jane said...

Yeah, something like that. We're rated number 12 in the best cities to go to college... BYU didn't even rank and NYC was number one. Sweet.

Yeah, I think I heard somewhere that we're even safer than BYU, actually.