7.09.2010

Update 2

Kia ora, mates!

I want to make this update a little shorter than last time's, but I'd like to first say that New Zealand is fabulous. The people are so friendly- they stop to talk to you and ask you where you're from, and they always want to know how much you're enjoying New Zealand. I always rave about how much I love it!

I would love to state the numbers of my group's accomplishments, but I want to get to the point.
The volunteer work was fabulous. I got good ol' Godzone dirt under my nails, but it feels good to make a difference.
The people are fantastic, and it was hard saying goodbye to some of them today. It was hard to say goodbye to Daryl.
Ah, Daryl.
He was our bus driver/Kuaka leader/bad-a man. He could beat the crap out of anyone who tried to mess with you. He was funny, he had an accent, and he was attractive in the older man, rugged and awesome sort of way. I'm not the only one who thinks this. We're all obsessed with Daryl.

Anyways, tomorrow I'm going bungy jumping, which first originated in Queenstown. I'm also doing a shotover jet, a LOTR tour, a skyline luge and more. I'll keep you posted, eh?

Jandals = sandals/flip flops
bob's your uncle = end of story/that's that

Sweet as!

5 comments:

Arlene said...

You crack me up! I'm enjoying your updates here and on FB. I can't wait to hear about the giant swing! I have got to try that!

Tairsa said...

I'm so glad you're having a great time! That sounds like a blast! Stay safe and keep posting!

Sarah Jane said...

Thanks, sister Haymond! I am so excited for the swing, but i am also freaked out. In a good way, but still.
The bungy is going to make me puke because I'm so nervous, and pee my pants because it's so high. Ahhh...
at least with the swing you don't have to make yourself jump.

Arlene said...

Be careful what you wear! : )
And, what is my name?! hahaha

Sarah Jane said...

Oh, I meant Haymondater. Terribly sorry.
It's pretty cold out, I just ended up wearing a sweatshirt, long sleeve, t-shirt and pants. It was so fabulous!