7.19.2010

Update 3

So, this may just be my last post before I actually get back home to the States.
New Zealand has been so much fun. I know that sounds really generic and obvious, but it really has been. I would love to stay here another month or two, as long as a few people didn't come with me.
So, just a few things that I've done in the past two weeks on my adventure tour:

  • Bungy Jumped 134 m
  • Went on the world's largest swing at a whopping 300 m arc
  • Jumped 13,000 ft out of a perfectly functional aeroplane strapped to a man named Scruffy
  • Sat in a mud bath and hot water spa, then later ate the same kind of mud used for bathing (it's supposed to have lots of minerals)
  • Zorbed. This is when you get into a giant plastic ball with a little warm water in it and roll down a mountain. Talk about FUN.
  • Went to a Kiwi reserve. I finally got to see the most famous bird in New Zealand, which everyone knows is the Kiwi. They are super cute, fat, and just super cute.
  • White water rafted and went down the world's most commercially rafted waterfall (at a soothing 7 metres)
  • Went to the Tamaki Brothers Marae, where we watched them perform the Haka (the real one, all you BYU posers...) and had an excellent dinner
  • Went to Te Papa, a super awesome and exciting museum in Wellington. It's the museum where the actual body of the first colossal squid that was caught is housed
  • Spent all day hiking a glacier which involved slipping and squeezing through crevasses, sliding through tunnels in ice, and scaling down ice walls
  • I went sea kayaking. It was harder than I thought
  • I saw Mount Doom. AHHHHHHHHH! My life is complete
  • I went to New Zealand, folks. That's pretty much super excellent in and of itself!
So, I only have a few days left in New Zealand, but they will be full to the end. Tomorrow we're going black water rafting (basically floating underneath the ground in a tunnel for 5 hours. Yes, 5 hours of floating).
Well, love you all and I'll try to have fun.

1 comment:

Arlene said...

What a fabulous experience! I'm thrilled you could do all that! I forgive you for not coming to visit me now.