8.05.2011

Introduction to August

Highlights this week:


  • The priceless moment when I go to the car wash and roll my brother's window down a crack as the rinser jet comes by. Upside: him squealing like a girl and trying to shut the window. Downside: the inside of my car being soaking wet. 
  • Playing Boggart charades (you act out fears) and pulling the card that Tara submitted, which read "Sarah Singleton."
  • Pulling something out from under my bed and only noticing the spider and centipede when they ran into each other, jumped back and scuttled in opposite directions. I only managed to kill the centipede.
  • Putting on my shorts and having an earwig fall out of them. Needless to say I freaked out and didn't wear those shorts that day.
  • My little sister's inability to follow the plot of a Bollywood movie. I can't say much here though, because whenever I watch westerns, my cognitive ability shuts down completely.
  • Buying a body mist from Victoria's Secret that smells like cotton candy.
  • Trying to print a picture on the color printer, but having it only print black and white. And when I switch to the crummy color printer, I have to calibrate, clean, and "print a test page" for at least half an hour, only to have it continue to print streaky pictures. When I finally accept defeat and go back to the original printer just for the black and white photo, it suddenly prints a perfect colored picture. Boo, you whore of a printer.
  • Getting an item at the dollar store for only 27 cents.
  • Discovering that sometimes bleach is necessary to rid things of the stench of urine.
  • Going to see Harry Potter at Spanish 8 Theaters with Tara and having the guy at the concession stand say, "Well, I could give you a discount." And then I laugh because I think he's joking, but he ends up charging me $5.25, which is the child ticket price. When he hands us the tickets, it says "Cowboys & Aliens" on it. So when Tara and I correct him, he just hands us a pen to scribble it out. Finally a payoff to having freakishly small hands.
  • Seeing the trailer for Breaking Dawn: Part I and bursting out laughing.
  • Receiving a birthday present that is a CD comprised of clips of Alan Rickman quotes.
  • Feeling awkward when I tell the missionaries at dinner that I'm 20 and realizing that I'm older than the younger missionary and possible bait for the older missionary (I'm sure most missionaries don't hunt future spouses on their missions, but it doesn't mean that my twisted mind doesn't think that way).
  • Wondering if the spider that is currently hiding under my bed will ever come out and face the vacuum.
  • Finding out that the vision in my left eye hasn't changed, but it only seems screwy because when my right eye has contacts/glasses, it sees better than 20/20, therefore making my left eye seem weak. Thanks, right eye, for being super powerful with glasses/contacts, but super crummy without them.
  • Watching my brother try to eat a tuna sandwich in the presence of our cat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've used a car wash once. I drove in with my windows entirely down because I managed to forget both that they were down and that they needed to be up for a car wash. (Not automatic windows.)

Much shrieking and soaking involved. :D But I don't regret it.