9.20.2012

Pennsylvania.

WHATDIDITELLYA?!
I'm serving in the Pennsylvania Philadelphia mission, and I leave December 19th.
Needless to say, I am ecstatic.


 One more reason I am Liz Lemon in real-world form.

Philadelphia:
  • Philadelphia has more public art than any other American city. 
  • Cheesesteaks, soft pretzels, Italian ice, and stromboli.
  • 1.5 million people (I do love the city).
  • The 5th most walkable city in the U.S.
  • The Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Edgar Allen Poe's home, and a whole lotta museums.
I'll have to watch National Treasure again.













Pennsylvania:
  • My dear old roommate Katy is from there! (can I still technically call you a roommate?)
  • Eastern accent.
  • German, Irish, Italian, African, English, Polish, Puerto Rican, etc. Everyone.
  • "It leads all other states in the manufacture of pretzels..." Pretzels. PRETZELS. If you've lived with me, you'll understand. (The Hershey factory is also there, but I was never a huge chocolate person.)
So there you have it! I hope I actually end up in Philly, because I'd love to be in the city. My area includes half of Jersey, Delaware, and half of Maryland as well. 

Also (for Jenna):







4 comments:

KaitlynMarie said...

Please still call me your roommate. I still call you mine. I feel like I call people I liked living with my roommate, and people I didn't really care for my old roommate. Ha.

Also, I have been trying to find a map of your mission boundaries online because I be curious yo. However, this search is proving to be fruitless...HELP ME!

Hormell's said...

AH! So excited for you! Seriously you should talk to my friend Kaitlin (more Kaitlins just to confuse you...) who served there and LOVED it!

Anonymous said...

Why are there so many great tv shows with PA ties? I was thinking BOY MEETS WORLD! If you ever walk by the Matthews house, you'll have to take a picture for me. I would settle for a look alike.

Lasgirl said...

Hey cousin! It's Laura,
an eastern accent- tehe I have one! also Penn. is close to me!!!

-Laura