9.30.2012

crazytownbananapants: From Top to Bottom

Only a week and a half has gone by since we last spoke, and yet I feel like everything has gone crazytownbananapants*. I'll be breaking this down into a few blog posts.

*Community reference

















The Top...

Friday, 9/14: I got my wisdom teeth out. I had an ice pack head wrap for the entire first day.
Later that day I went up to Logan for the Top of Utah Marathon that Kim, Kyle, and Heather were running the next day.

Ice wraps are so fetch.













Saturday, 9/15: Matt, Dave, Petey, Natalie and I all managed to wake up and get out the door by 7:40. It was a Christmas miracle.

Ben (Kim's husband) and Matt being all cute.

At mile 20 (or 21?) there were horses. They startled me.

We're also Team Kim and Team Heather.
Day 2 of wisdom teeth removal.





Leslie.

Mile 14




Finish Line




















I'm super ridiculously proud of all of them.

Later that night I got a chance to hang out with Jenna, Emmett, Jared, little Jared (Andrew) and Katy. Jemmett have the coolest apartment ever. And a cool neighbor. It was really fun seeing (almost) all of my Logan friends, because I miss you guys a lot.

... The Bottom.

Friday, 9/21: I set sail (in my boat-like car) for Cedar City to visit Petey. After two hours of driving I realized that I left my temple dedication recommend at home. *Facepalm* Luckily Petey's dad was going to Cedar City the next day so he graciously brought it down.
We finally knocked Lawless off our movie bucket list.

Saturday, 9/22: St. George, In-N-Out, shopping, Hamlet, fudge.

Sunday, 9/23: Brigham City Temple dedication. It was really great to see another house of the Lord put into service.
After saying good-bye to my best friend, I visited my great-grandma. I don't visit my family as much as I should, because she gave me some great advice and words of wisdom.

I was casually driving back up north when I became faintly aware of a peculiar smell coming through my vents. Not 30 seconds later my battery light came on and it suddenly became really hard to steer. I pulled over as soon as I could. I stared at my engine in my Sunday best before deciding to call a few people.

The phone calls went like this:
  • Dad --> No answer.
  • Dad --> No answer.
  • Mom --> "Why isn't dad answering? I kinda need to talk to him because my car basically gave up the ghost."
    [I changed into pants and a t-shirt]
  • Uncle Phil --> "Hey, how are you doing? What can you tell me about cars?"
    "What do you mean 'pulleys' and 'belt?' I barely know how a tire rotates."
    "Did you get the picture I sent you? Oh wait, I found a diagram of the engine on the inside of the hood!"
    "Where am I? Let me walk down to the sign I just passed and find out."
  • Grandpa --> "So I'll see you soon then?"
    [I read/napped in the back of my car]
  • Grandpa (1.5 hours later) --> "No, grandpa. I'm not going to run across the freeway." (I seriously considered his suggestion at first. Then I realized that it was a terrible idea.)
My grandpa and my step cousin/uncle (I'm not sure) Tim tried to fix my car. After a while they decided it would be safer to get it off the freeway, so I threw on my hazards and slowly rolled down to the exit. I pulled off of the obscure exit and my grandpa determined Bonnie, my car, wasn't going anywhere, so I moved all my stuff to his car. I was so hungry my grandpa bought my Burger King. I don't like Burger King.




















Luckily my dad and grandpa were able to tow my car and fix it up pretty quick. Turns out my water pump broke in some way.

No comments: