11.27.2012

Le New Camera.

I was going to write a post, but my computer went all wonky and my brother was just fixing it for the better part of an hour. So I'll just say this: I got my new camera today.


When I got my mission call, I was informed that I am not allowed to bring my big camera on my mission (to prevent it getting stolen and from looking like a tourist). So a really intense internal battle followed that probably not too many missionaries face: to buy another camera or not?

I already have a small point-and-shoot, but it's mostly used for its waterproof qualities. And honestly, I'm not going on a mission to take pictures. But I couldn't just completely give up the want to take professional photos (because a point-and-shoot camera isn't up to par.). I couldn't shove my talent under the bed for 18 months, and I didn't want to feel regretful on my mission (it's hard to shake the thought of a lost photographic opportunity). So there I was, wrangling with the idea back and forth until I finally made a decision to buy one. And boy, I like it.


You might not think this decision is even notable, but it took an inhuman amount of time to decide. IT'S A BIG DEAL, OKAY??!

No comments: