12.12.2012

Disneyland

If you didn't gather from Twitter or Facebook, I went to Disneyland this weekend. It was totally a last-minute trip for me and Mary, but it was awesome.

Daniel and Liz showed up at 6:00 am and we headed out. Even though I only got three hours of sleep, I barely slept in the car. Maybe it's because I watched almost eight hours of Community before I realized how long we'd been driving. Liz made me switch movies/shows.


















I brought cereal.

















After getting ready for the afternoon (we felt super nasty from the drive), we walked around Downtown Disney and ate at the Rainforest Cafe. The wait was 2.5 hours to eat inside, so we opted for a balcony seat instead. It was still really cool, and we even got to see the "lightning storm" inside. Plus there were tons of cute stuffed animals.


















A squeaker monkey in a banana!













































Since we only had one day passes to one of the parks, we showed up to Disneyland just after 8:00 am. I was annoyingly persistent that we go on Space Mountain first, so we did. AND IT WAS AWESOME.

The rest of the day was pretty much awesome. We rode rides, ate churros, and I got made fun of for packing a lunch. The Pirates of the Caribbean ride broke when we were almost at the end, so we ended up sitting in the boat on an incline for about 20-15 minutes. There were little kids behind us that were crying for their mom. It was kind of sad and funny.

Since it's my blog, I'm just going to post a lot of pictures
of my face.


CAT.















When we showed up after a few hours for our Indiana Jones Fast Passes, the ride was broken. Luckily they were honoring Fast Passes for the rest of the day, so when we went back after a few hours, we got in pretty quickly. Which was excellent, because the wait time was 100 minutes and rising.

More pictures of my FACE.














Can you see Mickey's reflection?






























































There were a lot of people there. But it wasn't horrible, and the temperature was fabulous. It wasn't too hot or too cold, all I needed was a light jacket (hee har har). But seriously, the weather was super nice. Except I begged Liz and Daniel to go on Splash Mountain (since I'd never been on it before) and spent the rest of the day slightly uncomfortably moistened. The sun didn't come out for hours, so it was late afternoon before I started to dry.

I'm convinced you guys just want a thousand
pictures of me.













































It looks like Liz has a moustache.



















At night, Disneyland was even more beautiful and exciting. Everything was lit up or covered in icicles, ornaments, fake snow, or lights. All the rides were decorated inside and out, as well. After the firework show, fake snow machines whizzed away. It really was quite wonderful.

The best part of the night was the Fantasmic! show. It's presented kinda like Fantasia, as if the events were in Mickey's imagination. It went through the imagination of Mickey, first showing the princesses, heroes, and the lightheartedness of Disney. The music was awesome. Next Malificent came and showed what her imagination could do, so we saw the villains of the different films projected on the fog. They battled back and forth, and at one point a giant dragon was on the stage shooting fire towards Mickey.
There were also boats carrying the princesses while they danced with their prince. It was such a blast to watch. And in the end, all of the characters were on the Mark Twain ferry, waving ribbon wands and dancing. My favorite were the Toy Story characters at the back. I'd never heard of the show before, but it was definitely the coolest part of the whole trip.

My camera died at that point, but I strongly suggest you Google Fantasmic if you've never seen it. 
The holiday decor was awesome.





































We left the park just after midnight (Mary and I went to Downtown again). The next day we packed up, went to the beach and left for home. You know how much it sucks going from the beach to the snow? Not cool. However, we did stop in Cedar City and visit with my Great Grandma, which was really nice to say goodbye to her before I leave on my mission.

High five!


Well, that was my weekend blitz trip to Disneyland. As my dad pointed out, I will be literally going coast to coast in one month. Pretty awesome, huh?

No comments: