5.05.2014

Who You Gonna Call? Cat Chasers!

Hello,

I realize that a lot of the time I talk about cats. I just can't help it. But I promise I have an excellent story this week.

Like I mentioned last week, we are cat sitting for our Relief Society President for a couple weeks. Well, I was in the garage feeding the cats and Sister Suckow was on the phone in the front room. She opened up the door to the garage and at the same time I yelled "NO!!!" one of the cats dashed inside. The next 40 minutes were a hot mess. We tried to coax the cat out from under the bed, but it just growled and hissed at us until it eventually ran upstairs. I then had to poke at the poor thing until it ran back downstairs. We managed to corner the cat, but it once again got out of our grasp! Sister Suckow and I were running around the whole house, yelling "You go this way!" or "IT'S OVER THERE!!! GET IT!!!" The furious, fuming feline was eventually trapped in a laundry basket and put back out in the garage. I was so scared that the cat would scratch my face off... But we're back on good terms with the cat now.

This week we also had Zone Training, which was my last. And it was a phenomenal Zone Training, too. The Zone Leaders, Sister Training Leaders, and the Assistants all gave training, and it was very uplifting. I think one of my favorite quotes was from Sister Bradshaw (not verbatim, but I'll paraphrase):

Just because the end result isn't what you thought it would be doesn't mean that the Lord doesn't accept your work.

I thought a lot about that, especially as I'm coming to the end of my service for the Lord. But it's true! If you aren't where you think you should or are what you think you should be, it's okay. As long as you're striving to be faithful and follow what the Lord wants, then that's what matters. And the vision He has for each of us is much better than any vision we could set for ourselves. Sure, I imagined my self much different at the end of my mission than I actually am right now. However, this is what the Lord expected and envisioned from me, and that's the best for me.

The rest of the week we ended up doing a lot of different service things. We helped with the ward welfare garden again, a less active sister with stuff around her house, and then did a community clean up project in which we picked up a lot of trash. The weather out here has been splendid! Oh, I love spring and summer.

The best part of the week, however, is when Roselie and Octavia had their baptismal interview and they are set to be baptized this week! Oh, I am so excited for them! They are both SO ready, and it's been so much fun teaching them. I love them so much!

Love,
Sister Singleton

No comments: