1.14.2011

My Psyche

The purpose of this post is not to tell you about what I digested yesterday evening, but to tell you about my weird dream last night. You probably know that I am extremely fond of dreaming and that I tend to have psychotic dreams. And yes, I remember almost all my dreams.

(But I did eat this for dinner last night. Chicken Scallapini with parmesan bowties. It was delicious.)


I was sitting in a Macey's grocery store near the pharmacy section. Instead of one of those machines that test your arm pressure, it was a makeshift blood donation station. After deciding to donate blood because my family was taking forever at the store, I sat down and stuck my arm out, waiting to get pricked. My dentist appeared around the corner with a needle and a blood bag. It was a little concerning to see my lifelong tooth doctor about to draw my blood, but I went ahead with it anyways. He disappeared back around the corner while I waited for my blood bag to fill. Ten minutes had passed, and the pint was almost full. I started looking around, getting more and more worried that I was going to be left there, oozing into a plastic bag forever. I had the strange idea that if the bag overfilled, something unimaginably horrible would happen. I panicked and pulled the needle out of my arm then proceeded to squeeze the blood in the tubes down into the pint. I picked up the bag and tried to find a place to give it to someone. 

After wandering around the store for a while, I turned a corner to sharply and poked the blood bag with the needle. The bag started bleeding, so I ran to try and save it. I accidentally spilled blood on a fat guy in a motor chair and a few other customers. I knew it was too late to try and save the blood, and I couldn't throw it away because it would be a hazmat, so I ran out a set of double doors looking for a sink.
I was suddenly in a school/ mall. Now when I say school/mall, I mean that it was a mall with stores but with classrooms in between. I found a bathroom and ran in, dumping the blood down the drain and throwing the bag away.

I walked back into the main mall/school area and saw a few of my siblings waiting for their classes to start. I waved hi to them and... started break dancing. Apparently I had an amazing talent of break dancing hidden in me all along. I started flipping, twisting, popping and locking like a professional. People started cheering me on until the school bell rang and they ran into class. Instead of just walking around the mall, I flipped and rolled around on the floor until I found my parents.

The next thing I knew, we were about to get on the freeway entrance. My parents' car was too small for me and my siblings, so they had a blowup mattress that they towed along behind them. We sat down on the blow up mattress and went flying down the freeway. When we reached a constant cruising speed, my parents disconnected the cable and let us just cruise on our own (obviously physics doesn't really count in my dreams). I looked around and started to really feel how fast we were going and felt scared and panicky. As passed over a river, I steered the mattress off the edge of the bridge and we plummeted into the water. We sat on the water and just floated away...



Basically I'm a disturbed human with a disturbed subconscious. If you're a dream interpreter (or not), explain what the heck is going on in my brain.

Uh, happy Friday!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Haha, wow. I never remember your dreams.

I think you are a physics nerd that dares to defy the laws and the only way you can do that is while dreaming. i.e. your breakdancing moves and your mattress flying. :)

bedheadjones said...

I think you've earned the title bedheadsmith.