1.21.2011

RICKMANIA

Has anyone noticed Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture being used in a variety of commercials lately? (Kelsey Barker won't notice because she doesn't watch tv)
Hmm.

I got a twitter. There's a link on the side where it says "It will grow." Or if you're too lazy, click here

I feel like a disgusting blob of uselessness lately. Mostly because I only managed to snatch up 12 credits this semester (I feel no need to defend myself, other than by saying that the other classes I wanted were full) and I haven't really had real homework yet. So I've just been watching movies.
So... many... movies.

Movies like:
  • The Social Network
  • LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (extended)
  • LOTR: The Two Towers (extended)
  • LOTR: Return of the King (extended)
  • Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
  • Ondine
  • Galaxy Quest
  • Die Hard
  • Die Hard 2
  • Live Free or Die Hard
  • District 9
  • Alice in Wonderland (2010)
  • The Bourne Supremacy
  • The Bourne Ultimatum 


Judge me all you want, but I like movies a lot. 
But man, I need some more friends.
My friends are my roommates. 
And they are gone right now.
*Uncontrollable sobbing*

I'm pathetic.


On the crazier side though, I love this man.
SO MUCH.
It in an unhealthy obsession that I continue to feed.
I could write a four million page essay on why he's so awesome.
Also, I feel the insane need to mention that Petey (as well as I) is also obsessed with him. 

Alan Rickman.
So jovial... *heart melts*



As villain Hans Gruber in Die Hard.
So... awesome.

My favorite role of his (Dr. Lazarus)


Colonel Brandon in Sense and Sensibility 
And of course his most famous role as Professor Snape.
Oh. My. Gosh.

ps, there might be future blogs about Alan Rickman. Excuse me, there WILL be future blogs...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is. Freakintastic. :D I love the collection of awesome you've got there. And you're better than me! If I only had 12 credits I'd be gaming like there's no tomorrow.

Anyways, I also had a request. I've been experimenting with HTML and blogger, and I was wondering if you'd be willing to download the xml or html file you have for your blog and emailing it to me? I won't copy the design but I do want to see the components.

If you wouldn't mind... my email is a.dark.crystal@gmail.com

Thanks in advance! Stay cool. I love reading your posts. :) (Your veriword is "cosestu".)

Kelsey said...

we watched ondine too! except instead of her being a selkie, she was a romanian drug lord. I didn't like it. And no, I do not watch tv. Alan Rickman is great. I will never read your twitter.

Sarah Jane said...

Beth- to which html are you referring? My actual background or the layout of my page (the boxes, headers and all the components)? The first one's pretty easy to give you the html, and I'm pretty sure I can find the second one as well. I'll try sending you the html of the second as soon as I can.

Kelsey- you suck.

A said...

-insert inappropriate sexual comment here-

-insert another-

A said...

Have you seen Love Actually? He's in that one too.

But my favorite is when he plays Colonel Brandon. OHMYGOSH. My ovaries go boom whenever I watch that movie.

Sarah Jane said...

Hahah.... "ovaries go boom." I just laughed my butt off. No, I haven't seen Love Actually, but I want to. Mostly because of him.
I love him so much in Sense and Sensibility- he made that movie for me. I'm not a Jane Austen person, but I actually quite liked that movie. Once again, mostly because of him.

Also, have you seen "Closet Land?" It's on youtube. It's got some brilliant acting from him.

Genevieve said...

I too heart Alan Rickman. He is super fabulous. I saw him in Die Hard just the other day, as a matter of fact! I look forward to all future posts on your obsession with him!

Anonymous said...

I mean--download the entire page? If you go into "design" and edit HTML, it should give you the option to download the entire setup into an HTML or XML format... just lemme know. :)

The Happy Baker said...

OK Sarah..LOTS OF MIS_SPELLED WORDS in your blog..come on..PROFFESOR? Last I knew it was PROFESSOR.
Oh There is more.

Sarah Jane said...

Mom, I spelled it "professor." Just like it's really spelled.
And I can't find any more, and neither can spell check.