4.04.2011

Holi 2011

HOLI!

This is another one of my photo blogs, so enjoy.

In chronological order, I present the 2011 Festival of Colors!



Shelly, Keith, and Sara
Rooooooooommmmmmattees
She just can't get enough of that yummy powder flavor.
Marishka, Tyler, Rebecca, and Tyler's brother whose
name I just forgot. Jaden! It's Jaden.
She's due in May.
Creeper Becca.
Inside the temple.
Crowd surfing was rampant, just like feral cats.
Deceitful hug.
"God does not make carbon copies, God makes originals!"
The premature throwers. Tsk, tsk.




In case you missed it, here's an excellent video.


Police estimate that 40,000 people showed up the first day alone, which is quadruple the amount that attended last year, which was more than triple the number that attended the year before (read that a few times before you confuse yourself).


I had a lot of fun going to the 1:00 and 3:00 sessions. After the 3:00 colors were done throwing, Mary and I booked it to the bus to get back as soon as possible. We had been watching people wait for the buses earlier and it was chaotic. The dancing in the Hare Krishna temple this year was more exciting than last- it was a continuous stream of ever-changing dances that wore you down after a while. One part of the never-ending dance involved running from one corner of the room and sliding on your knees to the other corner. It hurt if you did it wrong, which I did.
Even though I lost two bags of color, it was a delightful event. Mostly because I brought a face mask and goggles, so I could both see and breathe, unlike last year.
Go next year if you can.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

LAME. I didn't see you there and you didn't answer your phone. That is all.

Taylor said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You amaze me! Great photos!