9.22.2011

The Idaho Cherry











Jenna really knows how to make me
look good...

















"Why do you keep taking surprise pictures of me? I'll pose!"














I-DUH-HO.


















"YOUR LOVE, YOUR LOVE, YOUR
LOVE... IS MY DRUG"












I collect magnets. I should've
gotten this to commemorate the
occasion.










Ugh ew. They look gross, but they're
not.











The faithful driver, Katy.











Jenna, looking at this picture:
"Ugh. Why is my body
contorted that way?"















This is delayed. By almost a week. Sorry.
For those of you with a Facebook, you've seen these. For those of you who don't have one, I will explain.

First off, this was supposed to be a "Big Lebowski" movie party. Jenna and Jared agreed to watch it with us as long as they got to drink White Russians (a recurring drink in the movie). So we let them. Two and a half hours later and with only 30 minutes of the movie watched, Jenna suddenly shouted, "Jack in the Box! Let's go to Jack in the Box! Tacos. Tacos, tacos, tacos!" She wouldn't let the idea go. Then Jared (remember?) wouldn't let it go. So we had two drunk people yelling for tacos. My roommate Katy and I were debating on whether to take them or not, and since I hate driving, I left it up to her. She took us.

Secondly, until last Friday, I'd never been to Idaho. I was promised all last semester a trip to Idaho by Jared with Jenna and Shelly. I've also been told that I need a Jack in the Box taco. Repeatedly. So, this trip was killing 1.5 birds with one stone (I say 1.5 because Shelly didn't come with us, so that left the mission incomplete).

Thirdly-of-all, the nearest Jack in the Box is in Pocatello. That's about 1 hour 40 minutes away from Logan. That's the equivalent of driving to Salt Lake to get In-N-Out (which, by the way, is our next trip). But Katy drove us. I am still amazed that she did that, because I would probably not. The trip itself was the best part of the night. Jenna was convinced she knew the lyrics to every song on Katy's cds. She did not. But that didn't stop her from "singing" really loud and car dancing. Don't sit next to her when she car dances-- it's dangerous.  I can't really write out all the details of what happened, because Jenna still has sober pride.

Quadruply, Jack in the Box was good. Good in that terrible way where you know it's just a taco with an American cheese slice in it smothered in a slightly spicy sauce. But before you realize it, you've eaten four tacos and you're splitting a sourdough burger with Jenna. Hey, before you judge, we all got four tacos. Except Katy, because she only got two.

Time arrived home: 3:30-3:45 am.
Total miles traveled: 208.6.
Total trip time: about 4 hours.

Was it worth it?
YES.

4 comments:

KaitlynMarie said...

I hope you can hear me laughing about this right now. Jenna still has sober pride. I love your wording. Let's go to In-N-Out. Soon.

Sarah Jane said...

The titled was semi-aimed at you, Katy. And I agree-- In-N-Out is definitely next.

bedheadjones said...

I really like that there's a picture of me making the vagina face, but there isn't one of you.

I was drunk. You were sober. Just saying.

I've caught myself up on your blog, almost. I refuse to go past this summer. I don't want to get into nasty North Dakota conspiracy theories.

Sarah Jane said...

I formally apologized to you already about the North Dakota theory. But I do my suspicious about Montana...

Also, I don't post some *ahem* pictures because they're incriminating/embarrassing. You, however, are, uh, freely expressed in my blog.