10.02.2012

crazytownbananapants: A, A, A.

















A Challenge...

Usually I only work part-time and watch Doctor Who (that's my current series), but somehow last week was actually filled with things. I agreed to a challenge (it's not quite a bet) not to watch t.v. or movies for a week, which meant that I had to find things to do. But as it turns out, I've done quite a few awesome things, such as:

  • Becca Bam taught me how to make bracelets.
  • Took fall pictures up the canyon. 
  • Becca and I went to the opening of a Mormon mocha shop. I daresay I love fake iced coffees. 
  • Haunted house.
  • Helped my sister at the high school yard sale.
  • X96 Big Ass Show. 
  • Stargazing (I have since learned this is a code word at BYU...).
  • FHE General Conference Jeopardy put on by the always-entertaining Grosland.
















... A Promotion ...

Because I'm not going to school, work is pretty much the focus of my life. Last week was a pretty great week at my work. Not only did I get a raise, I got a promotion of sorts and am now a part of Inside Sales.
Yes, you read that right.
It was pretty cool being chosen to be part of Team IS (said "iz"), even if it is just a test team. Last week I started training, and I felt like my head was going to explode. Today was my first day of sales, and let me say it was pretty terrifying. Luckily most of my other team members don't have sales experience, so we're all in the same boat.
Sales. A fun new world.

On a side note: I do love my job. The best thing it's taught me so far is that attitude makes all the difference. I see some people go through training and their first day on the floor they say, "this job sucks." Well, they don't last long, and it's because they have a terrible attitude. I have great coworkers and fantastic supervisors, I've changed positions twice, and it's all because I care about my job.


































... A Concert.

Saturday was a really long day. I had to wake up at 7:30 and never really slept that night. But the Big Ass Show was pretty neat. The main deal with the Big Ass Show is that there are two stages that you go back and forth between to see a bunch of different bands. 
If you read my Twitter, I over-tweeted the crap out of the show and probably know all of this. 
  • The Wombats. We missed them. I was sad. 
  • Eve 6. Yeah, 90's!
    (Remember this song? Unfortunately they didn't play it, but they were really good live.)
  • Imagine Dragons.
    By far the best band of the night. I was incredibly surprised by their talent and ability to put on a great show. Plus they really electrified the crowd and made it super fun for everyone.
    (You probably know this song, but this one's my favorite.)
  • AWOLNATION. I like this band, but their sound quality was pretty awful. I still can't figure out if the blame should be on the venue, their sound guy, or maybe they're just terrible live. But I think it was more of a combination of the first two.
    (You might've heard this, this, or this on the radio.)
  • Grouplove. I didn't really bother to listen to them, but what I heard was surprisingly good. They sounded better live than on their actual album, go figure. This is when we took a break and I ended up winning two free Castle of Chaos tickets. Holla.
  • The Used. Okay, I've always liked The Used. If you don't know who they are, you probably won't like them. They yell a lot. My brother-in-law Daniel and Mark both decided to go in the mosh pit, but it looked pretty intense so Liz and I stayed out.
    (The Bird and the Worm was on the radio a few years ago, but my personal favorite is Pretty Handsome Awkward. My sister and I screamed the crap out of that one.)
  • Neon Trees.
    So disappointing. I like the majority of their songs, but they were pretty terrible live. Liz, Daniel, Mark and I all decided it wasn't even worth it to fight for standing room in the pit. We waited around to see how Animal sounded, but they hardly got better.
At the end of the night I could barely walk because of a shooting pain in my abdomen. My medical friend informed that it was probably because I wasn't breathing well. Which makes sense, because there was 15,000 people, tobacco smoke, and weed in the air. Becca can testify that I may have been slightly high. 

2 comments:

taraya said...

1. I really really like your leaf pictures. You are a master. Also, I feel like that blurry one needs to be hung somewhere.
2. Doctor who is our current series as well! It's turned from a cheesy weird what-the experience into a lovable, still cheesy, heartwarming one.
3. I really REALLY wanted to go see imagine dragons! Bah! I'm glad to hear they were as awesome live as I knew they must be.

Sarah Jane said...

Oh I'm so glad you watch Doctor Who! I only started pretty recently, so I have a few seasons to go.

And thanks, Taraji. I am also quite fond of the blurry one as well. Haha I'm glad to hear you like it.

And Imagine Dragons were awesome. Just awesome.