10.05.2012

just a chat.

I turned on my computer for one reason: to talk to you.
It'll just be a minute, I promise.

So, I only opened my mission call a little over two weeks ago. I was warned by my Bishop, Stake President, and others that from then on (and even beforehand) it was going to get tough. And I'm here to say: it is. It's getting tougher.

It's not like my life is crashing down; I'm not depressed and I'm not an emotional wreck, but it's certainly getting harder to not let things get to me. I can usually brush things off almost immediately, but they're starting to stick.

Satan knows that sight and/or situations aren't terribly effective ways to tempt me. He can get to others that way, but not me. If someone offers me a drink (yes, it happens), I don't falter. Because let's face it-- I'm pretty awesome. But it's all the psychological and emotional stuff. The doubts, worries, fear, persistent and consistent nightmares; the moments where I lack self-confidence that last longer and longer; and the creeping isolation and loneliness that don't actually exist.

I just keep heeding the Lord's counsel to "endure to the end" (Matt 24:13, 3 Nephi 15:9, D&C 14:7) and keep trying. Because even though it gets a little harder each day, I feel more and more blessed and I know without a doubt that I've made the best decision ever.

And I'm looking forward to General Conference now more than ever.

2 comments:

Hormell's said...

I hate to tell you, but it continues even through your mission. But don't give up! You're on the winning team and truly have made the best decision ever! Also, read this talk, print it out, take it with you, live by it- "Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence" by Elder Holland.I can't remember if I've told you about it already, but it's seriously amazing.

The Happy Baker said...

You are awesome Sarah. You are strong! Keep heading the counsel to "endure to the end" and you will be blessed heavenfold!