11.22.2010

Om Shanti Om

My roommates Sara and Shelly made the mistake of showing us a fantastic Bollywood movie called Om Shanti Om. It really is fantastic, and I don't mean my "it's-so-corny-and-horrible-that-it's-fantastic" fantastic. It really is an excellent movie, complete with awesome musical numbers (it wouldn't be Bollywood without them!).
And when I say mistake, I mean that the day after we watched it, we all woke up singing either "Dard-e-disco" or the "Dastaan-e-om Shanti om" song. And then we watched clips of the movie over and over and over... and over. Mel went insane by the end of the day.
Now I have the songs on my iPod. Mwahaha...

Anyways, I would definitely recommend Om Shanti Om


Here is a clip of my second favorite song from the movie. This one is probably the most ridiculous, considering this is the main character (who is a famous actor) dancing on the set of one of his films. And on the actual movie, the translation of the chorus is "my heart is full of pain of disco." I like it better.


It's supposed to be ridiculous. It's actually mocking Bollywood a bit.

(I would show you my favorite song, but it kind of gives away the plot. So I won't)

4 comments:

taraya said...

love.

A said...

I don't know how I missed this post before, or I would have raved about it here too! Dard-e-disco is the BEST THING EVARRRR!!!!

Sarah Jane said...

It IS the best thing ever.
I'm glad my roommates love Bollywood!
And I'm super glad you know (and love) this movie as well!

E said...

Bahaha...I'm sorry I'm sort of creeping on your blog, I just found it today...and this is so awesome! My favorite is the part where he's doing models shots, just him in the water...like it's for a cologne commercial or something...