11.02.2010

republocrats



Politics.
They suck.

I won't go too much into this, because I have quite a few differing opinions from most people around here, but I can say this:

I hate politics.
I love government and social issues around the world, but I hate politics.
I know everyone says that, but sometimes I don't think they mean it. They still try to force me into a heated debate after I tell them I don't like discussing politics. They try to get me mad or to be ashamed of my views or something. In reality, it just annoys me. Then I discredit them and move on.

The thing I hate the most?
Social networking sites + politics = trolling.
Social networking sites + something big in congress/Election day = extreme trolling to the max.
I hate it. People get in lengthy, heated internet arguments and they start to ruin my day. I honestly try to not fall into the trolling trap, but sometimes I can't resist throwing down a rebuttal for someone's uninformed (or misinformed) and idiotic proclamation to the world that the Government is in fact blood-sucking robots out to enslave us (or something of the sort).
I like reading well thought-out arguments from different views and sides. I don't like reading the passionate, hateful things people spew out just to make other people angry.


Another thing I hate is the politicians. Not necessarily the people, but their campaigns. Give me a candidate who hasn't run a smear campaign at least once.
Any?
Any?
No?
There are none. The sad thing is, a lot of the mud thrown at the other person is exaggerated or false information, but when uninformed people see it, they automatically credit it as truth. Luckily, most people have the sense to understand when a false and loaded question or statement is being thrown at them and they don't believe it. Sadly, some people hear loaded statements and they don't even bother to think about them- they just believe them.

I hate politics. I hate how people can become so extreme- both the liberals and the conservatives.
When the country is run by the Democrats and something goes wrong, it suddenly is all their fault. So they replace them all with Republicans. Then when something goes wrong, it's all their fault. So they replace them with Democrats. Repeat cycle.

Why can't we get along? For real? It's frustrating and stupid. Just be Christ-like and learn to accept everybody and their opinions, even if you don't agree with them. Stop fearing people who are different, and start embracing everything. Honestly, if we work together, compromise and try not to fight, we can turn this country around. We the People need to just chill out and start working harder instead of pointing fingers.

The end.

<---- Sometimes you get people like this. They don't make sense. Hey buddy, if you didn't have the freedom of expression to hold that sign, then you'd probably be shot. Just sayin'...

3 comments:

A said...

Around general conference, I finally got SO upset with peoples politics on facebook that I was crying.
Last Friday I deleted facebook, and I don't plan on bringing it back for a very very long time. People are gross and stupid on facebook 99.99798% of the time. :)
Let's play sometime!

Sarah Jane said...

Holy crap, that is a very precise statistic :)

When the whole Health Care reform finally passed, I nearly threw up on my computer over the angry things bursting out of facebook. Even if you don't agree with it, you can't really compare Obama to a dictator or, like you mentioned a while ago, the Anti-Christ.

Kim said...

Amen. Seriously. You nailed it. My mom listens to Glenn Beck (*barf*) so she always bashes Obama. It drives me crazy. The negative attitudes people bring along when they want to "talk" about politics is too much. It's like-if we can't support our leaders and our country-what do we have? tsk tsk.